2010 return of Pinks All Out to Summit Motorsports Park

GTO1

Sweet. I went to the one last year, and was disappointed they didn't do it again this year. I hope to be there for next year.

Not sure if I want Summit Club seats again.. The less people around was nice, but it was freakin' LOUD. The Top Fuel dragster nearly shook my eyeballs out.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet. I went to the one last year, and was disappointed they didn't do it again this year. I hope to be there for next year.

Not sure if I want Summit Club seats again.. The less people around was nice, but it was freakin' LOUD. The Top Fuel dragster nearly shook my eyeballs out.

How much extra was it for club seats? less people is always nice.

As posted today:

PINKS All Out participant deadline

Ok, all of you Hollywood hopefuls, here’s your chance for fame and glory! On August 27th, 2010, PINKS All Out returns to Summit Motorsports Park, and once again you’ll have the chance to be on national television! Anyone interested in participating in this long awaited event can get ready to man the phones or the internet, because that’s the only way you can get a shot at the seasons most anticipated night. In just over a week, on Monday, December 7th at 12:00 noon, we will open the phone lines and the website for the first 400 entries. Those lucky 400 will be eligible to become part of the PINKS All Out program.

The last time Summit Motorsports Park hosted this show, the allotted 400 entries were sold out in 12 minutes! What does that mean to you? It means that you had better be waiting with the telephone in your hand at 11:59am on December 7th, or plan on buying a spectator seat and watching everyone else, because there won’t be any spots left. Don’t be left out of your only chance to be a part of this nationally televised program!

We will have a full compliment of spectator tickets to this great show, and some wild entertainment to go along with the PINKS All Out program. We’ll be letting you know all about those details in the days to come, but today we want to make sure that those of you who want to be part of the on-track action need to be aware that you’ll only have one shot at this, so be prepared. We don’t want to see anyone left out, but there has to be a limit. So be prepared to get your call or your web-based entry in the minute the clock strikes 12:00 noon!

I knew you get in,congrads!

My buddy got in online but when he tried to finish the process the server pitched on him. Sucks. Should hire me for next year, I'd make sure there is plenty of capacity.

So yeah I got in on two comps, filled out all the drivers info and hit continue and POOF! Error 404 page not found! I was soooo pissed! I called for 2 hrs and finally got through and now im on the alt list.

Another buddy of mine was trying to get in as well and the same thing happend to him. He posted this from another site: "Tickets sold in 90 seconds. I filled out everything as well, only to send it too late. they had already removed the next page at 12:02."

So maybe thats why I got the page not found error? Still I was in there at noon on the dot so that really blows!

When they were there in 2008 I got in and raced Anthonys F Body. That was a blast! i guess the tix sold in 12 min and crashed the phone system to Milan and Norwalks web server. You would have thought they would have upgraded.

And CG WTF is up with the sig? LOL!

Edited by Merc00GTP

Wanna do it again? :D

So yeah I got in on two comps, filled out all the drivers info and hit continue and POOF! Error 404 page not found! I was soooo pissed! I called for 2 hrs and finally got through and now im on the alt list.

Another buddy of mine was trying to get in as well and the same thing happend to him. He posted this from another site: "Tickets sold in 90 seconds. I filled out everything as well, only to send it too late. they had already removed the next page at 12:02."

So maybe thats why I got the page not found error? Still I was in there at noon on the dot so that really blows!

When they were there in 2008 I got in and raced Anthonys F Body. That was a blast! i guess the tix sold in 12 min and crashed the phone system to Milan and Norwalks web server. You would have thought they would have upgraded.

And GC WTF is up with the sig? LOL!

6 people each with a computer and a phone. I got through on the website but it crashed when I sent in the driver information. I dont think it took

You soooooooo screwed up.

The same thing happended to me .... but then I hit the back button on the browser to go back to the page that asked if you had an account or to sign up to the ticket site. This time it asked for my credit card and confirmed that I had bought a drivers ticket. Got a e-mail confirmation from them then.

So yes I got my ticket....again. Pays to be a web site architect I guess. lol

...and yes Summit's web site is one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever seen. When I got that error after entering the driver info I tried it again several times by refreshing the browser to reset that form...but whatever web page that continue button was pointing to IMO probably hadn't been set up with the correct security and so it couldn't been found.

The thing was that when I went back to the first page there was a timer counting down to say how much time I had left to finish the transaction. There was less then 5 minutes left so I'm guessing that everyone got about 10 minutes.

I used 3 computers 1 XP Pro, 1 Vista Ultimate, 1 Windows 7 .... The Windows 7 machine got me in almost immediately at 12:00.

...and yes Summit's web site is one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever seen. When I got that error after entering the driver info I tried it again several times by refreshing the browser to reset that form...but whatever web page that continue button was pointing to IMO probably hadn't been set up with the correct security and so it couldn't been found.

The thing was that when I went back to the first page there was a timer counting down to say how much time I had left to finish the transaction. There was less then 5 minutes left so I'm guessing that everyone got about 10 minutes.

I used 3 computers 1 XP Pro, 1 Vista Ultimate, 1 Windows 7 .... The Windows 7 machine got me in almost immediately at 12:00.

woman i spoke to said they sold out entrant/driver tickets in 5 minutes

I went back and forth 4-5 times and just kept getting the 404 error. I never made it to the credit card screen

I went back and forth 4-5 times and just kept getting the 404 error. I never made it to the credit card screen

The credit card screen was actually the same screen that had asked if you for a username and password to tix.com it's just that until the drivers info had been filled out it was programmed to hide the credit card fields. That continue button was probably supposed to take you back to that screen. I just went there manually.

...anyways there are probably a lot of people that got cheated out of a spot because they hadn't tested the site very well. I'm guessing though that Summit has quite a few extra spots that they reserved from the public...just like last time. With the site screwing up that count probably went up some.