Michelob Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale...FTMFW!!!

If you have ever been to "The Pub" at Polaris im sure you have tried Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. Well im sure you realized that you can't buy Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale anywhere local. Well welcome Michelob Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale. This stuff is tasty. Not as strong of a bourbon taste, however at 6.0% alc./vol. it isnt a slouch either. Nice winter vanilla flavor. Kroger has 6 packs on sale for $6.99, but they just stocked this week, so good luck finding it.

tom

http://static.flickr.com/3037/3052201067_9f2b985699.jpg

Well im sure you realized that you can't buy Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale anywhere local.

Anderson's.

They have a Christmas gift set with a glass and 4 bottle's right now. I think I've gotten a regular 6 back somewhere locally before. I'd bet it was at Anderson's also.

I have had this stuff before, not too shabby. Not something I'm normally into, so not a huge fan, but I wasn't a huge fan of Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale either. Just don't like that type of beer that much I guess.

have you guys heard of a place, i want to say on indianola that sells a bunch of different beers, and you can get a 6 pack mix and matched for a certain price? id like to go to a place like that and get a couple of a bunch of beers, instead of buying a 6 pack everytime i want to try one. last time i bought some of that sam adams blackberry stuff and it was kinda bleh.

have you guys heard of a place, i want to say on indianola that sells a bunch of different beers...

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1506/?view=beerfly

Never been there, but I think that's the place you are looking for. I actually keep meaning to check it out sometime.

Anderson's off of swamill has individual beer's on the endcaps. But they are usually higher end, more expensive beer's. Not any of the 'regular' good stuff. I think you can mix and match at world market too. They have an ok selection of beer.

have you guys heard of a place, i want to say on indianola that sells a bunch of different beers, and you can get a 6 pack mix and matched for a certain price? id like to go to a place like that and get a couple of a bunch of beers, instead of buying a 6 pack everytime i want to try one. last time i bought some of that sam adams blackberry stuff and it was kinda bleh.

You mean Weilands? Then have a large liquor room on the side of the building. And I think they do have make your own 6 pack.

http://www.weilandsgourmetmarket.com/

While a kick ass place, I think he was implying somewhere you can buy it to take it home (i.e. a six pack).

yeah...i dont think there is a local place that you can buy, and walk out with it. i am wrong about alot of things all the time though.

tom

there are three places on indianola that have great beer selection. dont know about the mix-a-six though... shane's on livingston used to do that, not sure if they still do

1. is palmers, indianola and oakland park, west side of indianola across from UDF

2. weilands is north of that. not sure of the cross street. its in that little shopping center about two or three lights up on the east side of the road

3. clintonville market, further north from weilands. maybe 3/4 of the way to morse rd.