Disfunctional family members, everyone has them.......right?

Aaron

So one of my brothers has slowly become someone that I relate to less and less. I find myself not wanting to be around him or even see him.

He has been fired from his last 4 bartending jobs for performance/attendance related issues. He has been unemployed for over 2 months and has been getting help to pay bills from my parents.

I got him a part time job at DSW and he kept not returning their phone calls, and then got another job yesterday and called in to DSW saying he couldn't work for them anymore. He is irresponsible, he doesn't respect anyone, friend or family, and has been really pissing me off lately.

I know this is a retarded post, but I have been so incredibly pissed off at him for the past few weeks that I had to write this.

I understand. I use to constantly help one of my cousins out. I would always slide her 1 or 2 hundo here and there because I felt bad that her kids don't have very much and I'm doing well for myself.

Well, once I figured out that she was blowing her money on clothes (for herself), booze, cigs, etc, I told her I wasn't giving her any more money. She called today asking for $350. I said no, but told her I would send some money for xmas. I'll probably send $50. I hate to, but again, I feel bad for her kids. It's not their fault.

I know, it really sucks man. I want to feel bad for him, but he makes nothing but bad decisions and does NOT take advice. He doesn't think anything through, and doesn't care about the fallout of any of his actions, even if they are hurting his family.

I understand. I use to constantly help one of my cousins out. I would always slide her 1 or 2 hundo here and there because I felt bad that her kids don't have very much and I'm doing well for myself.

Well, once I figured out that she was blowing her money on clothes (for herself), booze, cigs, etc, I told her I wasn't giving her any more money. She called today asking for $350. I said no, but told her I would send some money for xmas. I'll probably send $50. I hate to, but again, I feel bad for her kids. It's not their fault.

Why not just buy the Kids Presents?

:confused:

KillJoy

Definitely can relate, older brother is 31 and jobless I've pointed him to jobs for the company I work for but I won't do anything more if you don't want to help yourself then I can't help you!

He has rendered me speechless as of late. His actions have so regularly been dumbfounding that I no longer have any sympathy for him, I no longer want to help him, and I no longer respect what he says.

Why not just buy the Kids Presents?

:confused:

KillJoy

I am not a gift buyer. I don't know what all they have. I would have to ship everything to them. And several other reasons why it's much easier for me to send a check.

If I introduced how messed up my sister is, I'd have to slit my own wrists out of shame.

Just rest assured that whatever you're dealing with, I've likely got you beat. :o

Good luck man.

haha

It helps talking about it on here, even if its just in general terms because like you said, the whole story would be a small novel, and be infuriating.

I am not a gift buyer. I don't know what all they have. I would have to ship everything to them. And several other reasons why it's much easier for me to send a check.

Then tell me their Age / Sex and how much you want to spend.... and I will tell you what to buy.

NEVER send $$$ unless you trust it to be spent on them....

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Short list of my brother's shit:

Stole my $90k inheritance

Swindled my grandma (who is in denial about who bad he is) out of $300k+++

Got fired from at least 4 construction scheduling jobs, once for setting up a kickback scam on a company computer

Fucked me out of my house with fraudulent documents (finally got the house thanks to the bank and my dad/lawyer)

Was arrested the last two times he came into town for some warrants

Has more lawsuits than I can count against him

Had 2 foreclosures

Had multiple car repossessions

Used my mom's social security number to get some kind of credit (identity fraud)

Fucked my other grandma out of a lot of her money and ruined her credit by defaulting on a loan he talked her into cosigning on

etc...

He's done more than that to me and my family, I think that's slightly dysfunctional.

Short list of my brother's shit:

Stole my $90k inheritance

Swindled my grandma (who is in denial about who bad he is) out of $300k+++

Got fired from at least 4 construction scheduling jobs, once for setting up a kickback scam on a company computer

Fucked me out of my house with fraudulent documents (finally got the house thanks to the bank and my dad/lawyer)

Was arrested the last two times he came into town for some warrants

Has more lawsuits than I can count against him

Had 2 foreclosures

Had multiple car repossessions

Used my mom's social security number to get some kind of credit (identity fraud)

Fucked my other grandma out of a lot of her money and ruined her credit by defaulting on a loan he talked her into cosigning on

etc...

He's done more than that to me and my family, I think that's slightly dysfunctional.

adam :nono:

My ex wife is pretty high up there....lol