martial arts weenie gets ass kicked

max power

depends on the discipline. Not all martial arts are about choreography.

You missed my point. Hay makers are slow and leave yourself open. NO martial arts teaches you to fight like that. It's funny seeing this guy doing all those goofy moves and then throwing hay makers like a girl. He is lucky he got the guy.

You missed my point. Hay makers are slow and leave yourself open. NO martial arts teaches you to fight like that. It's funny seeing this guy doing all those goofy moves and then throwing hay makers like a girl. He is lucky he got the guy.

They are used in ground fighting quite often. They are mostly effective from this position due to the power generated and looping/arcing motion. In that use they are similar to hooks, but you're also not as concerned about leaving yourself open (to strikes) when you're on top of your opponent.

Standing though you are absolutely correct. Traditionally though I think the term just meant knock out punch. I'm not sure how it got tied specifically to the motion we associate with it these days.