Cash for caulking

87GT

It has been difficult to find concrete information so far on this new program. It was created this week or last weekend? From what I have read or heard you can get a 50% rebate up to $10,000 if you make purchases for your home that are energy efficient. Someone also said they may offer the rebate up front? Not sure if that is true.

I desperately need to replace all 17 of my windows plus 4 glass block windows in my basement. Can anyone confirm that if I was to say spend $5000 on windows and installation I will get $2500 back? Also how would I write this off or claim it on my taxes next year? Would it be possible I would have to owe tax because of this?

All I know of is the Energy Tax Credit. For any qualifying purchase, you can write off 30% of each purchase up to a maximum of $1,500 this year.

The installer should give you paperwork of some kind as proof.

I haven't heard of this new program you speak of.

All I know of is the Energy Tax Credit. For any qualifying purchase, you can write off 30% of each purchase up to a maximum of $1,500 this year.

The installer should give you paperwork of some kind as proof.

I haven't heard of this new program you speak of.

That is an older existing energy star program. It started I think around Feb 2009. It is on energystar.gov for sure.

My question is if it is retroactive for tax year 2009?

I spent a LOT of money on appliances this year, some of which are energy star stuff (front load washer/dryer, fridge, dishwasher, heat pump).

I sure hope it is on purchases made in 2009 and 2010. Save your receipts for sure!

My question is if it is retroactive for tax year 2009?

I spent a LOT of money on appliances this year, some of which are energy star stuff (front load washer/dryer, fridge, dishwasher, heat pump).

They just ran a story about this on NBC....no go. Not retro...the appliance rebate starts next year.

That is weak.

I know. I can't complain too much as it's been several years, but we did all new windows, storm doors, entry doors and even a new garage door back in 03-04. It's made a huge difference in our utilities and comfort though. House is so tight that opening the front door will cause the laundry room door down stairs to move if it's not latched. The storm doors are so tight seal wise it's actually hard to shut the interior doors :cool:

Get the e-metallic coating in your windows too. It cuts down heat from the sun coming in. We have a wall of windows in the front of our home and the kitchen is all windows. In the summer if you stand in direct sun light in the kitchen you can't hardly feel the heat. However, if you go to the storm door when it is open, where the dogs lay, it's hot. We've now since had tint/coating put on the storm doors to keep them cool. Really helps the AC workload in the summer months. Protects carpet and furniture too.

Better that than free-be's for people who don't work or own a home.

Well, it isn't like they are cutting those things -- only adding to them -- so I will just be paying for broke ass people and people with money now.

So, I can pay for some raggedy ass bitch's free cell phone and Trowa's windows.

Well, it isn't like they are cutting those things -- only adding to them -- so I will just be paying for broke ass people and people with money now. So, I can pay for some raggedy ass bitch's free cell phone and Trowa's windows.

yeah but at least Trowa's windows will help drive retail sales and professional services to put the windows in. besides, pay the performers, not the losers. I'd rather contribute to home improvements for those that are working and feeding themselves than free health care for those that aren't working and look for handouts.

yeah but at least Trowa's windows will help drive retail sales and professional services to put the windows in. besides, pay the performers, not the losers. I'd rather contribute to home improvements for those that are working and feeding themselves than free health care for those that aren't working and look for handouts.

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/33555-1/noplzyouretookind.jpg