School me on conceal carry, i think its time

justinwebb

so i am looking into getting a small handgun and my conceal carry license. Had an incident tonight leaving easton. My girlfriend and i were walking up the stairs to the parking garage when some guy walked by and grabbed her ass then kept right on walking. I said some choice words to him but he kept on walking. We head up the stairs to the car and i look back and see him running towards us i was more worried about getting her to the car as we were parked on the other side and it was 12:30 to stop and confront him with nobody else around. We got to the car and he turned around and ran back down the stairs and by the time we got to the bottom floor he was there. I wanted to stop and call the cops but she said just to keep going. Just a shitty experience overall because some asshole thinks he can do that. Well next time i want to be prepared.

I am by no means one to fight as most have met me and i am 6 ft 5" and 160 lbs soaking wet. I just feel its time to go to the next step so when something like this does happen i at least have something to back myself up and protect my girlfriend. So what is a good handgun that i can carry and is small and concealable? any suggestions and where once i get a gun is a good place to take the classes.

i realize this but someone running after you and making you run to your car calls for that moment where perhaps the other person would rethink what they are doing. I never would shoot someone unless totally needed. I shouldnt have to worry about where i park and how fast i can run to my car and try to get in just cause some drunk asshole decides to be an idiot

I am considering getting my ccw for a similar reason. Since my ability to walk is always in question, let alone any chance of running. I am just a little concerned if something were to pop off and I couldnt do anything to get away. I never worried about it or considered it an issue until now.

Guest tbutera2112
ide be whoopin some ass dude....go take some self defense or martial arts classes...you cant shoot someone for grabbing her ass, but you can beat the shit outta them and take off....not legally of course, but its no where near as bad as goin to jail for murder

ide be whoopin some ass dude....go take some self defense or martial arts classes...you cant shoot someone for grabbing her ass, but you can beat the shit outta them and take off....not legally of course, but its no where near as bad as goin to jail for murder

now i dont remember exactly from my ccw course but since that guy was charging at him and he felt threatened, isnt he allowed to use lethal force to defend himself?

Guest tbutera2112
now i dont remember exactly from my ccw course but since that guy was charging at him and he felt threatened, isnt he allowed to use lethal force to defend himself?

i havent taken a ccw course but i dont imagine its legal to gun someone down in a public parking garage because they were charging at you

he said he had some choice words with the dude....perhaps he shouldnt have talked shit if he wasnt ready to back it up....dont talk shit to someone and then take off running away....if hes that scared to fight like he said, then he should have took a mental note of what the dude looked like, and filed a police report or talked to mall security, instead of talking shit...ide say he provoked it, i bet the dude woulda kept walking like nothing happened if OP wouldnt have said anything to him

not saying what the guy did was ok, but the OP didnt handle it well at all...he talked some shit and provoked someone to charge at him, now wants to carry a gun so he can start popping off shots in a public parking garage on a saturday night with people and their kids out....he could have handled it better is all im saying

i havent taken a ccw course but i dont imagine its legal to gun someone down in a public parking garage because they were charging at you

he said he had some choice words with the dude....perhaps he shouldnt have talked shit if he wasnt ready to back it up....dont talk shit to someone and then take off running away....if hes that scared to fight like he said, then he should have took a mental note of what the dude looked like, and filed a police report or talked to mall security, instead of talking shit...ide say he provoked it, i bet the dude woulda kept walking like nothing happened if OP wouldnt have said anything to him

not saying what the guy did was ok, but the OP didnt handle it well at all...he talked some shit and provoked someone to charge at him, now wants to carry a gun so he can start popping off shots in a public parking garage on a saturday night with people and their kids out....he could have handled it better is all im saying

nvm i reread the ccw laws, to use deadly force he has to fall under three categories,

believe that you are in serious danger of death or bodily harm

you arent the aggressor

and you have no means of retreat

in his situation, he was in fear of bodily harm BUT he was the aggressor and he obviously had a means of retreat.

but now, since the guy ran down the stairs and meet him at the bottom, the OP's , means of retreat were starting to get limited, if the guy would have blocked his path completely, than the OP would be allowed to use deadly force because at this point, he is no longer the aggressor and his means of retreat has been blocked.

Guest tbutera2112
nvm i reread the ccw laws, to use deadly force he has to fall under three categories,

believe that you are in serious danger of death or bodily harm

you arent the aggressor

and you have no means of retreat

in his situation, he was in fear of bodily harm BUT he was the aggressor and he obviously had a means of retreat.

but now, since the guy ran down the stairs and meet him at the bottom, the OP's , means of retreat were starting to get limited, if the guy would have blocked his path completely, than the OP would be allowed to use deadly force because at this point, he is no longer the aggressor and his means of retreat has been blocked.

he was in a car....some dude standing in his way is not blocking anything lol...if he hit the guy with the car because the dude was blocking the ONLY exit, then sure....but if he jumped outta the car and shot the guy, i dont think that is going to fly... but again, i still think the OP handled it very poorly....someone that scared should not have a gun...atleast in my opinion...he was not thinking clearly when he started talking shit to the guy, who's to say that if he had a gun, he wouldnt have shot him? he talked shit he KNEW he could not back up, and if he had a gun his false confidense could take over and who knows how it would have ended up...imagine it happening at 4 in the afternoon when the mall is busy...all those people standing around...

i could have handled myself inside but i didnt even see him coming at me until i was already outside on the top floor of the parking garage and i was parked in the very back corner, not many places to go. I did say stuff to him but this was after he said something to my girlfriend. He then kept walking i just shrugged it off like nothing ever happend figured he was drunk and kept going. Then walking outside to the car here comes retard running at us, not many ways to go and i was worried about getting her to the car. I could have handled myself if needed and wasnt scared my dad hits harder then anyone i have ever seen, but i am not one to fight unless needed and i knew i had a crowbar in my car so if he had followed me it would have been a little more fair lol

i would never just draw a gun i have much more common sense then that

so i am looking into getting a small handgun and my conceal carry license. Had an incident tonight leaving easton. My girlfriend and i were walking up the stairs to the parking garage when some guy walked by and grabbed her ass then kept right on walking. I said some choice words to him but he kept on walking. We head up the stairs to the car and i look back and see him running towards us i was more worried about getting her to the car as we were parked on the other side and it was 12:30 to stop and confront him with nobody else around. We got to the car and he turned around and ran back down the stairs and by the time we got to the bottom floor he was there. I wanted to stop and call the cops but she said just to keep going. Just a shitty experience overall because some asshole thinks he can do that. Well next time i want to be prepared.

I am by no means one to fight as most have met me and i am 6 ft 5" and 160 lbs soaking wet. I just feel its time to go to the next step so when something like this does happen i at least have something to back myself up and protect my girlfriend. So what is a good handgun that i can carry and is small and concealable? any suggestions and where once i get a gun is a good place to take the classes.

I understand your frustrations completely, but you cannot and must NOT get a CCW for this reason. You will get yourself into trouble if you think a gun is going to save you in this incident. What do you think you would have done with a gun? Seriously.

Now, if someone would have slapped her around or threatened you, that is a completely different circumstance. I understand wanting to be prepared, but you should have manned up and done the job that way. I carry and gun and other various weapons at any given time. Someone would have done that to my woman or friend's woman and I guarantee you I wouldn't have pulled out a firearm to dissolve the situation.