The Mustang is Down

Kevin R.

It is looking like the "5.0" will be totaled out here in a few days by the insurance company.

I was leaving work on the 18th going South on Hamilton and a guy moved from the left hand turn lane to go onto Refugee Rd. into my turn lane without seeing me.

Basically messed up the driver side -- but the worst, unknown part, is what it did to the front suspension as the driver front wheel is tweaked inward.

Not too happy about this as I know they are going to cut me a crappy check if they total it out as these cars, on paper, aren't worth much -- especially with 204k on the clock. Looks like I'll be driving some economical POS until I graduate.

Will try to get some pictures up soon.

:mad:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

Now I get to deal with all the insurance bullshit.

"I need to get to work."

"Well, you will have to find a rental for around $25 a day and pay out of pocket until we can reimburse you."

Looked today and every place alone charges around a $25 surcharge PER DAY for being under 25. So, there goes their limit for being reimbursed. Now, it is Sunday and I cannot reach a single person to ask them what I should do and I have to work at 8am tomorrow morning. If I didn't have a car to borrow I would be very, very upset right about now. Especially since I don't have the money to pay out-of-pocket $50 a day for a rental.

The car is definitely repairable. I am just nearly 99% positive the damage is more than the car is worth on paper.

The car is definitely repairable. I am just nearly 99% positive the damage is more than the car is worth on paper.

Do this

buy it back and take to rob, he could prolly fix for super cheap.

p.s. - I fucking hate insurance companies too. Good to hear you don't have to deal with getting a rental w/ that surcharge shit.

p.s. - I fucking hate insurance companies too. Good to hear you don't have to deal with getting a rental w/ that surcharge shit.

No, I do have to deal with it. I need a rental. I just have a car to borrow for tomorrow. The worst of "dealing with all this" is to come unfortunately. :(

Guest tbutera2112
tell them to find you a rental or you will switch companies....my insurance company meets you at the body shop when you go in for an estimate, right after the accident...they bring you a car and it doesnt cost you a dime no matter what...you drive it until your car is repaired, or 7 days after the check clears for them replacing it

tell them to find you a rental or you will switch companies....my insurance company meets you at the body shop when you go in for an estimate, right after the accident...they bring you a car and it doesnt cost you a dime no matter what...you drive it until your car is repaired, or 7 days after the check clears for them replacing it

It is not my insurance company handling it. I only had liability on the car. It is all up to his insurance, which of course will probably not go out of their way to handle anything since I am not their customer.

It is not my insurance company handling it. I only had liability on the car. It is all up to his insurance, which of course will probably not go out of their way to handle anything since I am not their customer.

call your cpmpany and tell them whats happening, they can usually make a call and get what you need.

Guest Removed

get 3 high quotes...if they total it, buy it back and fix it with the moneys.

as long as the frame isnt bent to bad, its fixable..even if it is, its fixable, just cots more

either way, it sucks

pics please and sorry kevin that sucks time for a fox body

My buddy said he stopped by the dealership and snagged some pics. So I'll put those up when he gets them up.

It honestly doesn't look that bad. Just doing the math on the damage -- it adds up quick.

You should get about $4k if it was in good shape. the buy back will be prolly around $500. the reason they can't put you into a rental is they don't have everything in order on their end. once they get things in order they will provide a rental at no cost to you. and honestly you wouldnt have to pay out of pocket for the rental. you woul djust have them take over the bills once their ready.

also they are not going to sit around and do nothing because you aren't their customer. they want to do this a fast as possible to impress you into switching to them.

there is a lot more to a claim then just calling it in and getting what you want......

You should get about $4k if it was in good shape. the buy back will be prolly around $500. the reason they can't put you into a rental is they don't have everything in order on their end. once they get things in order they will provide a rental at no cost to you. and honestly you wouldnt have to pay out of pocket for the rental. you woul djust have them take over the bills once their ready.

also they are not going to sit around and do nothing because you aren't their customer. they want to do this a fast as possible to impress you into switching to them.

there is a lot more to a claim then just calling it in and getting what you want......

Trust me I realize this. I am not bitching. It just sucks being in a position that isn't your fault and not having all the ducks in a row for you.

I am not going to go get a rental car for $50 a day when I was told my limit was $25-30 a day until I speak with someone.

The car had 204k on the clock. Regardless of how well I maintained it I have a feeling this will be an overriding factor.

It is all up to his insurance, which of course will probably not go out of their way to handle anything since I am not their customer.

Tell them you're going to see a doctor as your neck and back are now starting to really hurt. If I ever get in a wreck that's not my fault, there's going to be a fucking stretcher involved 'cause daddy isn't going to take no shit from the insurance companies.

Trust me I realize this. I am not bitching. It just sucks being in a position that isn't your fault and not having all the ducks in a row for you.

I am not going to go get a rental car for $50 a day when I was told my limit was $25-30 a day until I speak with someone.

The car had 204k on the clock. Regardless of how well I maintained it I have a feeling this will be an overriding factor.

This is why people get screwed. Doesn't matter what "They told you". The insurance company of the person that hit you has to pay for your rental. $25/day. That's funny.

last time i got rear ended they tried to pull the same crap with me that i would have to pay for it as well. I told them to either cover it or i will see them in court and they can start discussing things with my lawyer as i went to the hospital and everything. They quickly changed their tune and everything was much easier from then on out and got exactly what i wanted.