The Mustang is Down

Kevin R.

I still don't understand why you haven't gotten a rental. When my wife's car was totalled we went to the rental place and explained what was going on. They used our credit card just to put a hold on it, not take any money. This was just to cover their end. The other insurance company then payed the bill. This is common practice. If you want to have a car to drive that's all you have to do. Quit bitching about it and just go get one. The other company has to pay for your rental. It's their customers fault that you don't have anything to drive, so they are obligated to take care of that. Just realize that once they cut you a check for your car, they won't pay much longer on a rental. They expect you to get a car very quickly.

This is obviosly to much for him to understand...... I have tried. Good luck Kevin.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is obviosly to much for him to understand...... I have tried. Good luck Kevin.

I'm sorry I am taking the insurance company's information over what some guy tells me on the internet.

They will pay 25 a day. There is a $27 a day ALONE surcharge or $200 overall charge for renting under the age of 25. That would put me OUT OF POCKET around $25 a day. No thanks.

This is obviously too much for you to understand...... I have tried.

I am well aware I can go pay for a rental car myself. That is not what I want to do.

actually when i was in an accident and the other guys insurance company told me that all i needed to do was go to the rental place and it would be taken care of. I was 19 at the time. I did not occur and charges. The only thing that charged was 25 bucks for one day as a deposit incase something happened. I couldnt get the insurance however since i was underage, so i just used my personal insurance.

I'm sorry I am taking the insurance company's information over what some guy tells me on the internet.

They will pay 25 a day. There is a $27 a day ALONE surcharge or $200 overall charge for renting under the age of 25. That would put me OUT OF POCKET around $25 a day. No thanks.

I am well aware I can go pay for a rental car myself. That is not what I want to do.

ok man, just trying to help. I know how frustrating it is when there is a delay out of your control. Merry Christmas!

I guess you just need to man up and tell them that they need to quit screwing you. I've never had or seen a limit like that on rental coverage before. When I had my old car in the body shop I had a rental that was more than that as well. This was before I was 25 as well. Good luck.

you know there are alot of rental places in area that won't give him a car anyways because he's under 25.

So, your saying that someone hits you and if you are under 25 that you don't get a rental? Since when? I know some companies won't give a rental to someone under 25 that wasn't in an accident. I've never heard of anyone of any legal driving age having an issue getting a rental after their car was hit by someone else. Like I said before, if he would have pushed the issue he would have gotten something done. Sucks that he is in the situation in the first place, but the insurance company he is dealing with will screw him around until they cut him a check for his car so they won't have to pay any money on a rental. Just an example of him being taken advantage of by the insurance company.

So, your saying that someone hits you and if you are under 25 that you don't get a rental? Since when? I know some companies won't give a rental to someone under 25 that wasn't in an accident. I've never heard of anyone of any legal driving age having an issue getting a rental after their car was hit by someone else. Like I said before, if he would have pushed the issue he would have gotten something done. Sucks that he is in the situation in the first place, but the insurance company he is dealing with will screw him around until they cut him a check for his car so they won't have to pay any money on a rental. Just an example of him being taken advantage of by the insurance company.

its the rental companies that won't provide rentals not the ins comp. he could have his mom or dad go get a rental.

and you guys aren't getting all the facts. nationwide didn't have covgerage to provide the rental right away. they needed to speak with all the parties involved. you wouldn't want your insurance company paying out on a claim without comfirming everything with you first would you?

yes the whole thing sucks and the timing sucks but thats the process.

Guest tbutera2112
99ta youre just dumping salt in the wound...i know youre here to defend the insurance companies and all, but really...hes havin a hard time with the shit and probably doesnt need you in here talkin shit to him about his intelligence level or justifying every action the insurance companies take...he's here venting and youre here kicking him while hes down

99ta youre just dumping salt in the wound...i know youre here to defend the insurance companies and all, but really...hes havin a hard time with the shit and probably doesnt need you in here talkin shit to him about his intelligence level or justifying every action the insurance companies take...he's here venting and youre here kicking him while hes down

not defedning anything. just explaining. some people understand things better when they understand them. I know its a crappy situation and I have said that many times. and DK was the one talking crap not me. I have been trying to help him.

not defedning anything. just explaining. some people understand things better when they understand them. I know its a crappy situation and I have said that many times. and DK was the one talking crap not me. I have been trying to help him.

I wasn't talking too much crap, but I just get tired of people whining on the internet when they could have done something in "real-life" to avoid the issue. Timing did screw him, but crying on the web doesn't help anything either.

I am not sure what the malfunction is. I understand the holiday issue but there is no way in hell I would be out a car and not be able to get a rental if I was not at fault.

There is only one thing Kevin needs to worry about and that is himself. One call I dont care how many people I talk to that shit would be handled before I got off the phone. I could give a fuck less which policy they are going to charge the accident to. It is not his fucking problem.

I have dealt with just about every insurance company for multiple hours and I can tell you that out of the 100 I have had business with 2 of them did not argue and 100 of them did what I told them to do.

I wont bad mouth specific insurance companies but I could post hundreds of examples with proof on how crooked these companies can be. I cant stand when they do this shit to people who are NOT AT FAULT.

Kevin send me a PM if you want some help. Nationwide is one of my favorites to fuck with.

Guest tbutera2112
I am not sure what the malfunction is. I understand the holiday issue but there is no way in hell I would be out a car and not be able to get a rental if I was not at fault.

There is only one thing Kevin needs to worry about and that is himself. One call I dont care how many people I talk to that shit would be handled before I got off the phone. I could give a fuck less which policy they are going to charge the accident to. It is not his fucking problem.

I have dealt with just about every insurance company for multiple hours and I can tell you that out of the 100 I have had business with 2 of them did not argue and 100 of them did what I told them to do.

I wont bad mouth specific insurance companies but I could post hundreds of examples with proof on how crooked these companies can be. I cant stand when they do this shit to people who are NOT AT FAULT.

Kevin send me a PM if you want some help. Nationwide is one of my favorites to fuck with.

you shut your whore mouth, 99ta will kill you in your sleep...fuck with that, gayboy

As of today they haven't gotten ahold of the man's daughter who owns the car. LOL!

Thanks for all the advice and help.99ta thanks as well. I know your advice is harsh but its true. Still sucks for me though.

that sucks Kevin. have they even looked at you car yet?

drewhop the malfunction is there is no covgerage as of now to do anything with. if there is no coverage there is nothing to pay out from. he could call and yell at who ever, it still wouldn't change. not even your hard ass can change it. it sucks really bad for him, but that sounds like whats going on.

Edited by 99ta

that sucks Kevin. have they even looked at you car yet?

drewhop the malfunction is there is no covgerage as of now to do anything with. if there is no coverage there is nothing to pay out from. he could call and yell at who ever, it still wouldn't change. not even your hard ass can change it. it sucks really bad for him, but that sounds like whats going on.

Not being a hardass. From what was posted earlier they both have coverage. And thru the same company. Nationwide.....

I never once said I would yell at anyone. Nor have I EVER got angry on the phone dealing with insurance companies. People are easy to get to do what you want if you know how to approach them. You assume that cause I have a strong dislike for what you do and what insurance companies do to people that I would b e angry in dealing with you or your company. You assume wrong I dont have to get angry in the least bit to get what I want. Sometimes you cant hate the player you gotta hate the game.

I hope you are honest in what you do for a living. Cause I have seen first hand how shady insurance companies can be.

$4K would be nice!

This is starting to get annoying though. It doesn't matter what story the other driver tells - CPD came and issued him a citation. They are trying to figure out STILL whose policy will cover the damages, his or his daughters since she owns the car. It is part of their "investigation" to talk to her and make sure he had permission to drive the car. Well, why the fuck do I care? They still can't get me in a rental. $25 a day is IMPOSSIBLE if you are under 25. They did not care one bit when I spoke with them today on the phone. Very frustrating but I'll let it sort itself out for now.

I had it backwards. She owned the car dad was driving it.

That my Friend is BULLSHIT!!! Here let me show you....

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/cmaines01/untitled-1.jpg

Thought a graph might pick you up a bit. Sounds like a shitty situation. good luck!

Take 99TA's advice, throw everyone elses out.

If you'd like help from the opposite side of the spectrum, feel free to give me a call, and I can help guide you in the right direction.

Though I agree with 99 on quite a few things, its not this hard. You should be in a rental.

Not being a hardass. From what was posted earlier they both have coverage. And thru the same company. Nationwide.....

I never once said I would yell at anyone. Nor have I EVER got angry on the phone dealing with insurance companies. People are easy to get to do what you want if you know how to approach them. You assume that cause I have a strong dislike for what you do and what insurance companies do to people that I would b e angry in dealing with you or your company. You assume wrong I dont have to get angry in the least bit to get what I want. Sometimes you cant hate the player you gotta hate the game.

I hope you are honest in what you do for a living. Cause I have seen first hand how shady insurance companies can be.

see thats just it, there is nothing you can do or say in this situation. dosen't matter how good of a talker you are. it seems from what Kevin has said, there is just no coverage right now to handle the claim. not saying there won't be any once all parties are contacted. but right now there is nothing.....

again, I know this whole thing sucks for Kevin and I agree, but look at it from the outside.

if you let someone borrow your car and they wrecked it, would you want your insurance company to just pay out on your policy making your premiums go up without them even speaking with you first?? I wouldn't, maybe that person took your car without your permission?? now, it shouldn't take this long to get in touch with someone but thats the hold up.

see thats just it, there is nothing you can do or say in this situation. dosen't matter how good of a talker you are. it seems from what Kevin has said, there is just no coverage right now to handle the claim. not saying there won't be any once all parties are contacted. but right now there is nothing.....

again, I know this whole thing sucks for Kevin and I agree, but look at it from the outside.

if you let someone borrow your car and they wrecked it, would you want your insurance company to just pay out on your policy making your premiums go up with them even speaking with you first?? I wouldn't, now it shouldn't take this long to get in touch with someone but thats the hold up.

No reason to argue. There are things that could be done or said that would resolve the situation he is in. There is a active policy on the car that caused the wreck it needs paid end of story. If she did not allow the other driver to borrow the car then she needs to go after the driver of the car for all the damages. AND HER COMPENSATION. It is not Kevins problems.

Im just saying maybe you need to shift your point of view.