CTS-V.

dover

EDIT:

So I bought a 2004 CTS-V today. Merry Christmas to myself :)

traded the Busa in :(, but not to worry I got me a gangster in the works for next season. I'll post some pictures in a little bit!

Thanks to those who responded to my PM's about questions! YAY!

Edited by Dover

Tell the pros and cons to it being a daily? I get its RWD bad in snow yadda yadda. I want to know the defects in the car? I.E. suspension, rearend, motor, electrical?

Thanks!

wat year??

my buddy has an '05 and loves it--even though i smoked him in my goat.

some years had wheelhop and rears that loved to grenade. not sure if they fixed it in '05 or '06

Depending on your family situation, I would consider the size. After renting one for a week, (2009 model) the interior seemed very small. I rented the CTS4 which had plenty of power and the AWD was very nice. The navigation, heated seats and all of the gadgets made the car very "neat". Seating wasnt that comfortable if the car was driven for more than a couple of hours. Im 6' 165lbs wet...Just my .02 cents.

Hope this helps.

My wife also has the hots for a V. We've waited until the 1st gens came down in price, but not the new supercharged V is awesome. Plus, there is talk about a V-wagon and V-coupe. :)

When the CTS-V first came out, I remember seeing the Brembo's and thinking of how expensive maintenance is going to be when I get one used. Check out the parts stores...13" and 14" rotors for $50, and semi-metallic pads for $35 surprising!:eek:. Obviously, the calipers are expensive, but rebuild kits are cheap and relatively easy to do. Yes, ideally you'll pay more for the expensive parts, but if you're DD'ing it even a cheap 13" rotor will bring you down from highway speeds relatively quickly. I always pay more for better pads anyway.

I just purchased a new CTS4...Love it. Car has 304hp and awd. GM got it right with this car, the interior/exterior amazing. Navi system is very easy to use.

The new CTS-V could be argued as the best american car ever made. Luxury out the wazoo, with 556 hp, with a decent price.