Casing my place....

Putty

yea im gonna have to check it out, talked today at work with owner and he said he is looking into a new setup that also has a few cameras that can be set up and viewed online from an account if your on vacation and what not, kinda cool guess you could always use it from your phone aswell aslong as your were in service area, dont know name of that alarm set up so ill report back

anyone have a siren on there house? dont have to answer that , we have one at work that is crazy loud, its a place of business so i wasnt sure if its allowed in residences??? dont see why not tho

i seen on another forum ppl sayin that they just buy the stickers and put them everywhere... think that really is a good idea?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after reading this thread when it was posted, and weighing my own options. My home was broken into tonight. It happened between 5pm-8pm, right after my wife left. The back door was kicked in, flat screen TVs and laptops were taken. They shuffled through every drawer and storage crate. Left my passport, unactivated credit card, and my wifes hidden jewelry.

Staying in a hotel tonight.

So after reading this thread when it was posted, and weighing my own options. My home was broken into tonight. It happened between 5pm-8pm, right after my wife left. The back door was kicked in, flat screen TVs and laptops were taken. They shuffled through every drawer and storage crate. Left my passport, unactivated credit card, and my wifes hidden jewelry.

Staying in a hotel tonight.

Ken, I'm so sorry. That's terrible.

It's just stuff. We're fine, the cat is fine. We'll have a security system in by dark and a .45 by the bed.

The creakiest thing is that I woke up in the middle of the night (the night before) having a vivid dream about someone breaking in.

Yep, in the end it is just stuff. The inability to have comfort in our homes is tragic, and I *hate* that I chose to have a security system installed - but if it's enough to deter a criminal or worse give me a few seconds lead time against them it's worth it. One of those risk mitigation efforts I may never realize or understand the true value of, at least I hope I don't.