dumb observation

AWW$HEEET

when listening to the radio, do you ever notice that WNCI consistently plays their music a few beats per minute faster than any other station?

fecking annoying. I would also like to add that the morning zoo is a shithole of a morning show. bob and tom ftw, and i really dont even like them that much either. at least some of the people they get on there are mildly entertaining.

/rant

Guest tbutera2112

bob and tom is the worst morning show ever...that whole station went to shit

bob and tom make me want to kill myself...they say a bunch of dumb shit that isnt funny and then proceed to laugh at their own horrible jokes for 10minutes....fuck them

bob and tom is the worst morning show ever...that whole station went to shit

bob and tom make me want to kill myself...they say a bunch of dumb shit that isnt funny and then proceed to laugh at their own horrible jokes for 10minutes....fuck them

This is pretty much the summation of all morning shows. I was saying Bob and Tom are the best of the shittiest. Thats like being the least retarded in your Spec. Ed class. Get it? HOWEVER, the only reason I would ever consider purchasing XM radio is for Howard Stern.

local radio is terrible. I hate to sound like Nitrousbird, but when I'm not listening to MP3's I'm listening to Sirius. It still could use more variety, but Faction and Octane are pretty good, depending on the time of day. I like the music on Faction better, but in the afternoon they have some stupid talk show on.

Guest tbutera2112

i refuse to get satellite radio after the shitty customer service i had with sirius

i used to only listen to my ipod, but i havent hooked up an aux in for my new car yet so ive been sticking to CDs and 88.7 FM

Guest tbutera2112
my receiver stopped working half way through my subscription that i paid in full 12 months for....i called them to ask if i got a new receiver would they switch my subscription to the new receiver and they wouldnt let me, they said i had to purchase a new subscription for the new receiver....so i payed for 6 months of service i could not even use...fuck them

x2 I'm contemplating buying myself Satellite Radio for a late Christmas gift. Other than that, it's all iPod+aux jack.

It really worth it. Or just get a smart phone with unlimited data and use slacker radio and pandora. That is what I use in my car. Also my smart phone has a big memory card with MP3s on it so I don't even need an iPod. I am all for having only 1 device to carry around.

I read on a Sirius forum that a listener suspected the same thing, so he played the original song at the same time it came on the radio, and sure enough, after a few seconds, they were out of sync. So SiriusXM does it too.

I wonder if they'll start doing that on TV, speeding up the show just a tad in order to squeeze in a few commercials.

CD's bitches!!! Better then radio, not quite as affective as MP3's :lol: And satalite is over rated! The stations are too specific and it's not like they offer anything that new or amazing. Most of what they play is the same shit that's on regular radio (For FREE). And commercials free, my ass. They just promote their satalite radio every other song. No thanks.

when listening to the radio, do you ever notice that WNCI consistently plays their music a few beats per minute faster than any other station?

I noticed this once a few years ago. Listening to the same song start at the same time on 97.9 and 97.1. Needless to say WNCI ended a good 20 seconds before the other station.

The quicker you can play songs, the more ads you can fit in in an hour I guess.

Did anyone ever notice that WNCI plays shitty music that no one with taste listens to?

What are you, a 40 year old woman or tween? I can't imagine anyone else listening to it.

CD101 is good.

I do really need to get an aux port in my car now that I have an iphone. Pandora FTMFW. The speaker in it was loud enough to hear driving at 75-80 in my mom's car when we drove it back from Florida. But she has a 2007 or 8 RAV4. My 2001 Sunfire has a little more road noise and the built in speaker is not loud enough at high way speeds.

WNCI = same 8 songs on rotation. But that's what you get for listening to welfare radio.

I can't imagine not having my Sirius. Every time I am stuck listening to welfare radio, I can't imagine how people choose to do so. It's just aweful, full of commercials, censored, and they do not play the variety that a single Sirius channel will play.

What weird ass crap do you listen to that would be better covered on Sirius / XM over welfare radio?

Country.

The selection on XM/Sirius is absolute crap. There is 1 modern country station and the rest is crap. The only thing worth it in that genre is the Bluegrass station, but NPR does 3 bluegrass shows per week or I can just turn on my iPod