Opinion: how hard do u think it is to make 800 rwhp

NTHER91

I'm starting to plan a build and I don't really have a hp goal but I want some opinions on how hard y'all think 800 rwhp would be to make... It'll be in a fox body and most likely a 331 boss block.

So I think its not to much to ask for that combo to hit that or more, but what do think it'll take?

It will have twins and be a street car

Guest Removed
600ci bbf with a large single....profit

thats what i want to do eventually with mine

you can make 800hp with a mild built 600ci BBF with no turbo. :gtfo:

I'm starting to plan a build and I don't really have a hp goal but I want some opinions on how hard y'all think 800 rwhp would be to make... It'll be in a fox body and most likely a 331 boss block.

So I think its not to much to ask for that combo to hit that or more, but what do think it'll take?

with twins and the right heads and what not..not very hard at all. its the rest of the drive line you have to worrie about

What kind of displacement are you looking at?

Guest Removed
What kind of displacement are you looking at?

he said 331 in a boss block.

and for reference, lee howes old notch was a 331 with a single on it. and it ran 8.7's and he drove it all over too.

Getting to 800 is easy with the right power adder.. its making an 800hp car thats reliable that will be the issue. Anyone can throw a nitrous kit or a turbo on a modded block. Its the supporting mods that will determine if you are happy with your car or if its an 800hp nightmare.

Ea$y as pie.

See what I did there.

1. Swap to EFI with proper fuel supply.

2. Aftermarket block (Dart, R302, World, etc)

3. Good rotating assembly

4. Good Heads

5. Boost (maybe even a properly matched single to keep setup easier)

6. ?????

7. Profit

8. Use profit to buy replacement rear bumper covers.

and for reference, lee howes old notch was a 331 with a single on it. and it ran 8.7's and he drove it all over too.

Ahh, I don't speak Ford well.

A well built pair of T3/T4 50 Trims could put you in the zip code, response and spool should be quick enough for "street" duty with a manual trans.

800 whp is alot of airflow, even with good heads you'll most likely be running a decent amount of boost -- nothing some race gas can't fix :)

It is all about the $ anything is easy with enough of it.

Getting to 800 is easy with the right power adder.. its making an 800hp car thats reliable that will be the issue. Anyone can throw a nitrous kit or a turbo on a modded block. Its the supporting mods that will determine if you are happy with your car or if its an 800hp nightmare.

These two statements are about the best summary of what you are asking. If you are taking your time it should not be hard at all to hit 800 and make it a solid and reliable 800.

With technology these days and all the options 800 is very easy to hit the only question is how streetable do you want it?

800 whp is alot of airflow, even with good heads you'll most likely be running a decent amount of boost -- nothing some race gas can't fix :)

Reminds me I forgot #9

9. E85 Tune. Paying for race fuel is for sucka's (or people who can afford it).

I always thought Lee's car was a 306. I guess not. Either way, that motor was supposedly a very well built Bennet motor. Once again, just what I had heard at the time. I could be wrong.

This will not be in my notch or jenns vert it's a build that both me and her are gonna do. Nate I will send u an email I hve many questions and Clark won't answer me lol

And BBf's are fo suckas rob. I seriously think it would be to easy to just go big block but u can't beat the sound or feel of a high rev small block.

I will keep the notch I have as it sits fix the little stuff I have to and new tires I will hit 10.99 this season with no spray... Then I'll be hitting it with as much as I can

Ahh, I don't speak Ford well.

A well built pair of T3/T4 50 Trims could put you in the zip code, response and spool should be quick enough for "street" duty with a manual trans.

You have to be kidding me 50 trim turbo's are tiny for a fucking built 1.6 liter honda lol. With that much displacement the turbos should flow a decent CFM. I would say fuck the twins and go single, two decent turbos are going to set you back around 4 grand easy ( thats on the cheap side) after taxes after all said and done. I will not even go into running nice wastegates, all the piping, ect ect.

You have to be kidding me 50 trim turbo's are tiny for a fucking built 1.6 liter honda lol. With that much displacement the turbos should flow a decent CFM. I would say fuck the twins and go single, two decent turbos are going to set you back around 4 grand easy ( thats on the cheap side) after taxes after all said and done. I will not even go into running nice wastegates, all the piping, ect ect.

Yet there are numerous stage 3/76/etc 50 trims putting 350-400+WHP down on a variety of small displacement engines in the 2.5 and above pressure ratios? On a .63 or .82 AR turbine, and sub 800$ price tag, it's a cheap and effective turbo.

This quote is lifted from another forum I spend a good deal of time on~

A fella named Brent Davis did very well with a 226º duration Ford Racing Hydraulic Roller (F303) and a 302 inch motor. I believe his first turbo was 76mm and made in excess of 800hp. With an 88mm, he did over 1100. You can find him regularly on www.theturboforums.com