Model Car Builders

wagner

dremel tool.....test fit every thing.

I have not used my dremel yet...

Test fiting is a MUST. My dad got me doing that when I was building as a kid.

The new tip I got this week was to soak chrome stuff you want to paint in simple green. It strips the chrome off and leaves you with a nice paintable surface. I did that on the blower for the Willys I am building right now.

I use my x-acto knife to trim the little plastic shards off the pieces to get them to fit.

I have an idea, we should have a model build-off for those of us that build model car's. Have a contest to who build's the best looking one.

Wagz I have a model of the Titanic I bought years ago. Free if you want it to try building...

If you are serious hold on to that. Let me get my skill level up and I might have a special project for this...

I use my x-acto knife to trim the little plastic shards off the pieces to get them to fit.

I have an idea, we should have a model build-off for those of us that build model car's. Have a contest to who build's the best looking one.

X-acto knife is your buddy! I don't know about a build off but maybe a set time to build something then show it off at the end. Don't get me wrong I love a good contest but that sometimes takes away from the fun.

I will get some pics up of the one I am working on here in a day or so to show some of the little details I am trying and how easy they can be.

The new tip I got this week was to soak chrome stuff you want to paint in simple green. It strips the chrome off and leaves you with a nice paintable surface. I did that on the blower for the Willys I am building right now.

Don't use any chemical paint or chrome remover without testing it first on some of the molding sprues. For instance, red plastic from Revell doesn't react well with Simple Green, you end up with something that looks like the "5 minutes later" portion of a squirtgun fight between gremlins...

I would get in on this too.

When I went to my parents house for Christmas my mom gave me a couple boxes filled with my old models I put together in the 80's. Unfortunately most of them got damaged over the years. I'm going to try to put what I can back together. The other box was full of 11 unbuilt models.

1984 Ford Monster truck 'Quadzilla'

Ed Roth's 'Rat Fink'

1928 Model A truck and it's made of Metal

1970 Mustang Boss 429

1973 Mustang Mach 1

1985 Mustang SVO

1977 Mustang II

2- 1966 Mustang GT350H

1988 Mustang GT hardtop

1989 Mustang GT Convertible

If you'd be interested in picking up some practically brand new supplies PM Me, also have 3 brand new models (wrx, 69 camero, acura integra). Supplies and models are easily $75-100+ new I spent, just sucked at it so I quite. I'd let it go for cheap let me know.

If nothing else good luck and may you have more skillz and patience than i did.

I used to be into models quite a bit. Built a lot of nascar cars and stuff like that. I've been thinking about it a lot this week and plan on getting back into it. I started helping my son build his pine derby car for scouts this week and remembered how much I enjoyed doing that stuff. Here's where we're at on his car..... I bought an extra kit and plan on making another one when I'm done with this one.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/0rion_album/012.jpg

• 1 month later...