Nexus One

CRed05

not sure what the good SERO was.

I used to work for them in late 90s. I still have that plan and they never canceled it when I canceled working for them.

3000 anytime, unlim. nights/weekends, unlim text, unlim data: $35/month

SERO was the old employee referral program. I have the same plan as you but only 500 anytime (which doesn't matter because I never come close to using them all), for $30 a month. I got it right before they changed the program and made it way more expensive.

Either way, I'm in the same boat. I have a really cheap plan that got grandfathered in so I don't want to switch from Sprint, but their phone selection leaves a little to be desired.

What is root all about?

My G1 is rooted and it is basically the equivelent of jailbreaking for android devices. Lets you install custom/modified versions of android, unlocks tethering, multitouch etc. Thats how I am able to run Hero on my G1.

looks like the tmobile coverage map sucks balls in ohio and for some reason the att 3g is not supported??

AT&t and t-mobile's 3g are on different bandwidths, thats why it wont work on at&t. It wasnt until recently when t-mobile even started having 3g in ohio, and its still only around the 3 major cities. Out in BFE its hard to find signal at all, which I believe is no different than AT&T.

My G1 is rooted and it is basically the equivelent of jailbreaking for android devices. Lets you install custom/modified versions of android, unlocks tethering, multitouch etc. Thats how I am able to run Hero on my G1.

Gotcha...thanks!

Dont see how it shames the droid though? Its literally almost the same exact phone with just a slightly better proc.

It probably wont hit vzm for a few more months at least anyways, by then anyone who jumped into a droid as soon as it was released can just can get an upgrade probably anyway. After rebate and my early upgrade I ended up with a new droid for $100 bucks, then they messed by bill up twice and wiped the phone off of the account twice and I ended up with a free droid, $100 rebate and $100 for selling my old phone. So I got a new droid for free and $200 free dollars. FTW.

Dont see how it shames the droid though? Its literally almost the same exact phone with just a slightly better proc.

It probably wont hit vzm for a few more months at least anyways, by then anyone who jumped into a droid as soon as it was released can just can get an upgrade probably anyway. After rebate and my early upgrade I ended up with a new droid for $100 bucks, then they messed by bill up twice and wiped the phone off of the account twice and I ended up with a free droid, $100 rebate and $100 for selling my old phone. So I got a new droid for free and $200 free dollars. FTW.

Nice.

It doesnt shame the droid, but its more than just a better processor, which btw is the fastest processor any phone has ever had. Its a bunch of little improvements that make this phone a big improvement over the droid and any other android phone.

Either way.. Im not worried. The moto will get the OS update and when the One hits the market with force.. if its even sweeeeeter than the droid.. Ill buy that one too :D hah

What DOES need to be worked out is the app developement for the damn phones. It has to be annoying as hell for the developers to make 1 app for numerous styles of phones. Now there will be 3 different (that im aware of) freakin OS's to program for. The Eris has whatever, droid has 2.0.1 and the new One will have 2.1 That has to be a pain to program for different screen sizes and different little features Im sure

Either way.. Im not worried. The moto will get the OS update and when the One hits the market with force.. if its even sweeeeeter than the droid.. Ill buy that one too :D hah

What DOES need to be worked out is the app developement for the damn phones. It has to be annoying as hell for the developers to make 1 app for numerous styles of phones. Now there will be 3 different (that im aware of) freakin OS's to program for. The Eris has whatever, droid has 2.0.1 and the new One will have 2.1 That has to be a pain to program for different screen sizes and different little features Im sure

Yeah, 2.1 will eventually be updated to the droid and Eris (which is still on 1.5, I've ran 2.1 on my G1 and its sweet. Eris people will get it soon enough)

For the developers its actually not that bad. Everytime a new version of Android is released, a new SDK has already been out for a while, so they just have to make small changes if they want their apps to work on the new version, most of the time its not even required (depending on complexity of the app). Any Joe Schmoe can go download and mess with it themselves here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

The Nexus makes me wanna switch so bad....BUT, I am going to hold out and see what Apple does. If I could get 3G with the N1 on ATT, i'd buy it unlocked. I hate phone lag. The N1 appears to be so quick and snappy.