CR poker tournament! 1-10-2010

Guest JCroz91

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is you play with cards. Thats is really all I know about it. I would be easy money.

Well the only thing you can lose is what you put in on the tournys, thats the nice thing about them. So $10 bucks for a lesson this Sunday... :p

Guest JCroz91

mikes about to put on a clinic.. too bad it only looks like about 10 of us are going to play haha

how much does PS take out when you win? is it of the winnings in the tourny or when you try to send it back to your bank account?

mikes about to out on a clinic.. too bad it only looks like about 10 of us are going to play haha

how much does PS take out when you win? is it of the winnings in the tourny or when you try to send it back to your bank account?

They take nothing, they make there money on the buy in. Our tourny will be a 10+1 or $11. They run thousands of these a day all all different levels. They take the +1. So they get $10 bucks if ten of us enter. Now on the limit and NL tables they take a rake out of each pot. so for every 10 bucks in the pot they take 1 dollar up to like 3 or something like that. In a $5/10 limit table the pots can get up to $150+ and PS will take $3. I will give anyone on here $3 bucks for $147 ;).

Now imagine this there are currently 208,000 players on 32,000 tables right now. Say HALF of those are live real money tables. It takes about 1 min a hand. Just as a LOW ball average lets say each of those tables takes $1 a min. Thats $16,000 a min PS is earning, NOT including the +1's off the tournaments. BTW the higher buy in tournys, aka $500 can be $500+ $30 so $30 goes towards PS.

Short Version: They make big $$$$.

Also when you cash out there is no fee, just a minimum cash out amount (so people can't cash out .50 cents all day long. And a max of 1 cash per week on PS.

I like Full Tilt because you can cash up to 3 times per week and if you cash $250 + you can get it the next day in your bank acct.

mikes about to put on a clinic.. too bad it only looks like about 10 of us are going to play haha

For the triple:

I have not played a NL tourny for 6 months or so, like I said I love 3/6 5/10 - 6 person limit tables, so I hope I can stay tight, but my limit style is much more skewed.

Guest JCroz91
They take nothing, they make there money on the buy in. Our tourny will be a 10+1 or $11. They run thousands of these a day all all different levels. They take the +1. So they get $10 bucks if ten of us enter. Now on the limit and NL tables they take a rake out of each pot. so for every 10 bucks in the pot they take 1 dollar up to like 3 or something like that. In a $5/10 limit table the pots can get up to $150+ and PS will take $3. I will give anyone on here $3 bucks for $147 ;).

Now imagine this there are currently 208,000 players on 32,000 tables right now. Say HALF of those are live real money tables. It takes about 1 min a hand. Just as a LOW ball average lets say each of those tables takes $1 a min. Thats $16,000 a min PS is earning, NOT including the +1's off the tournaments. BTW the higher buy in tournys, aka $500 can be $500+ $30 so $30 goes towards PS.

Short Version: They make big $$$$.

wow! that sucks! so if we do a $10 buy in and the first hand 2 people go all in. the winner of the hand will only get $18? thats gay. thats like 10% of the pot they take. every hand. the end pot will be like $5 with all the hands we will be delt throughout the game.

wow! that sucks! so if we do a $10 buy in and the first hand 2 people go all in. the winner of the hand will only get $18? thats gay. thats like 10% of the pot they take. every hand. the end pot will be like $5 with all the hands we will be delt throughout the game.

no no no sorry i might not have been clear. In a tourny we will start with 3,000 chips to play with for your ten dollars. When you lose those you are out and get nothing. UNLESS you are in the top 15% aka 1st 2nd place, with 10 ppl.

What you are talking about is live cash games.

In a tourny you pay the extra dollar or 10% up front. So we will pay $11 to get in and only get money if you win 1st or 2nd (with ten ppl)

They take nothing, they make there money on the buy in. Our tourny will be a 10+1 or $11. They run thousands of these a day all all different levels. They take the +1. So they get $10 bucks if ten of us enter. .

Make sense?

Sweet~!

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your email.

We are pleased to grant you privileges to create your own regular private

tournaments at PokerStars. Your account has been updated accordingly.

To create a new tournament, start the PokerStars software, and from the

Lobby screen, select:

'Requests' -> ' Private Tournaments' -> 'Create Tournament'

Please consider the points below when creating private tournaments:

1) Private tournaments are a "privilege" for our real money players and

their friends. Private tournaments should not be "open" events with publicly

available passwords, nor be created with the intention to advertise external

websites. As such, neither private tournament names, nor lobby messages

should contain a web address (URL) or email address, where tournament

passwords can be located.

2) A password is required, and must be 6 characters or more. Passwords are

also case-sensitive. The password must not be advertised in the tournament

name or in lobby messages.

3) Stud games cannot be Pot Limit or No Limit.

4) We recommend tournaments be deployed several days in advance for better

player attendance numbers. However events can be created with as little as

60 minutes notice.

5) For clarity, we recommend including the buy-in amount in the name of the

event. For example: "Poker Babies $11 weekly". Otherwise, players will have

to visit the tournament lobby to identify the buy-in amount.

6) The "Message in the tournament lobby" is optional. Any messages will be

displayed in the upper-right panel of the tournament lobby.

7) Please keep all tournament fields free of inappropriate references, as

PokerStars will cancel any event deemed to contain inappropriate

communication. Players may also have their private tournament privileges

revoked if abuse of the feature is detected.

8) A private tournament can only be canceled by its owner using the

PokerStars software if there are no players registered. If one or more

players are already registered, the event can only be canceled by a system

administrator at PokerStars. Please email support@pokerstars.com in these

circumstances.

9) All private tournaments are subject to the standard tournament rules and

also PokerStars' Terms of Service for use of the software.

10) Tournaments you create will have a "standard structure" of 1500 starting

chips and 15 minute blind levels.

11) Best of luck at the tables!

Thank you for choosing PokerStars as the home of your private tournaments.

Please let us know if we can assist you further, and thanks for playing at

PokerStars!

Kiel

PokerStars Support Team

I really really really want to play cash game poker with you :)

Guest JCroz91
I found the tourny on pokerstars!

I can't register until I get the password!

somebody PM me the PASSWORD!

why PM it? just post it on here. its for anyone that wants to play thats on CR

Guest JCroz91

good work.... Im in

to find it go to "tourny" then click the "private" tab. and the table is called "CR's Poker Tourny" time is set for 20:20 on 1-10-2010. pretty easy to find.. and like he said password is COLUMBUSRACING

I really really really want to play cash game poker with you :)

You won't show, cause you are all talk.

shut up, or show up internet cowboy!

Sorry I know the password...... since I made the tourny..... its real easy.....

ok its

columbusracing

Thanks. got the password. thanks for the pm

good work.... Im in

to find it go to "tourny" then click the "private" tab. and the table is called "CR's Poker Tourny" time is set for 20:20 on 1-10-2010. pretty easy to find.. and like he said password is COLUMBUSRACING

yes the password is columbusracing - all lower case

I'm probably in as well. my id is x_tc-dae

All that ^^^^^ will tell you how to log in.