Skyline 250GT is coming to the US

CRed05

Are you impressed with everything you read on the internet?

I've never driven a VQ car more than 100ft, but after being around them plenty I can say I don't like the way they sound, rev, look, or are designed. I mean honestly- could anyone design a more retarded dipstick? What is that? And nice oil filter... you get that off a lawn mower? What's that sound, is it a wookie attack?

Yeah, I've driven G35's and there's nothing impressive about them.

I forgot about their dipsticks, haha what genius came up with that design?

Really!? Don't tell me that... I'll have to test drive one myself. They look too good IMO to be bad.

Really!? Don't tell me that... I'll have to test drive one myself. They look too good IMO to be bad.

Yeah, I liked them when they first came out. But a friend of mine's dad bought one brand new and told me how he did not like it. Then another friend of mine, his brother recently bought one, thats the one I drove, he had it for maybe a month before getting rid of it.

They aren't quick, interior is bland....the whole car is bland. But thats what Skyline's are like. They are basically Nissan's Camry, except the GTR ofcourse.

Bland, that's what they are. Just super duper bland. I like how the newer 3.7 doesn't really make any more torque than the older 3.5, it just revs higher and holds the torque higher in the rev range. Weaksauce, gimme more torque.

Are you impressed with everything you read on the internet?

I've never driven a VQ car more than 100ft, but after being around them plenty I can say I don't like the way they sound, rev, look, or are designed. I mean honestly- could anyone design a more retarded dipstick? What is that? And nice oil filter... you get that off a lawn mower? What's that sound, is it a wookie attack?

Well, you're quite the authority then aren't you?

So your complaints are the dipstick and oil filter? After driving 100ft, I can see how you would have such strong opinions on the topic.

Well, you're quite the authority then aren't you?

So your complaints are the dipstick and oil filter? After driving 100ft, I can see how you would have such strong opinions on the topic.

I know enough to know I don't want one. There's nothing at all about those cars that is attractive to me, except the nice depreciation. I don't want to get into all the other qualities of the Nissan lineup that turns me off, but those are two that I laughed at every time I changed oil in one (g35, z, etc). And the wookie sounding engine that always revs too high on startup. What's that about? "Hey everyone, look at my wookie!" Waaaah

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/dlattach.html%3Btopic=5010.0%3Battach=25656%3Bimage

I know enough to know I don't want one. There's nothing at all about those cars that is attractive to me, except the nice depreciation. I don't want to get into all the other qualities of the Nissan lineup that turns me off, but those are two that I laughed at every time I changed oil in one (g35, z, etc). And the wookie sounding engine that always revs too high on startup. What's that about? "Hey everyone, look at my wookie!" Waaaah

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/dlattach.html%3Btopic=5010.0%3Battach=25656%3Bimage

My rb makes one of the best wookie exhaust notes in the world. inline 6 spinning a big ball bearing turbo= sex

And the wookie sounding engine that always revs too high on startup. What's that about? "Hey everyone, look at my wookie!" Waaaah

What are you talking about Wookie sound? I drive one of these every day and have absolutely no idea what the hell you're talking about.

But anyways...to be on topic, the car looks exactly like the G37 sedan and the wheels look horrible.

There's my $.02

What are you talking about Wookie sound? I drive one of these every day and have absolutely no idea what the hell you're talking about.

But anyways...to be on topic, the car looks exactly like the G37 sedan and the wheels look horrible.

There's my $.02

He's talking about the retarded wookie noise that emits from the stock G35/350z. The annoy-o-tron drone.

VQ Fanboiz..ugh. :rolleyes:

:p

That car doesn't really do anything for me, really kind of a boring car.

I agree they do sound like wookies haha.

I heard that the g35's have suspension problems. My buddies mom had one and got rid of it cause it kept going through tires like crazy.

Wow. I'm amazed at the VQ haters. I had a 2001 Marxima (VQ30DE) that ran over 60k miles beautifully. I miss it alot. Very planted feel, great economy and acceleration. I miss that car (traded it in on the Vette, so I don't miss it that much. :) )

Not bashing anyone, but if "my buddies mom" had a problem with the car she probably drives/maintains her cars ALOT differently than I do.

Also, so I don't sound biased just on past Nissan experience, I wouldn't buy a G25 only because I could get a much better CTS-V for the same price. I've moved up in the automotive world...or at least hoping to at some point soon!

Yeah, but markedly better once you chip/TP the little sucker. You can only do so much with a K03 friendo.

On a similar note, it's still way better than driving a plasti-dipped truck. :p

My plastic truck is far more functional than your A4. A4 is a nice, safe car for the wife. :)