suck it google!

oh8sti

"The iPhone keyboard issues seem to be a moot point compared to the activation hassles that early iPhone adopters are facing. A poll over at Engadget suggests that over 38% of the 9,000 respondents to the poll are suffering from activation problems and have an iBrick to show for their cash...."

That was the iphone early on. Everyone has to start somewhere.

No problems with mine, its an awesome phone. Iphone fanboiz have been writing articles like crazy, trying to bash the N1 every chance they can. Only thing that seems to be a real issue is "spotty" 3G. This is far from an epic failure, its an epic phone. Like v8beast said, its nothing compared to the iphone problems.

Theres a simple workaround for the 3G problem right now too, just enter *#*#4636#*#* when you are in 3G area to keep it on, and enter it again if youre in an edge only area.

Edited by kickass

"The iPhone keyboard issues seem to be a moot point compared to the activation hassles that early iPhone adopters are facing. A poll over at Engadget suggests that over 38% of the 9,000 respondents to the poll are suffering from activation problems and have an iBrick to show for their cash...."

That was the iphone early on. Everyone has to start somewhere.

I've owned like 15 iPhones, not one of them including the couple of first gens I owned activating them myself ever bricked. Most people don't know what "bricked" means. A poll on Engadget is not a reliable poll either.

I've owned like 15 iPhones, not one of them including the couple of first gens I owned activating them myself ever bricked. Most people don't know what "bricked" means. A poll on Engadget is not a reliable poll either.

its still valid to show that they the phone had issues. Were the issues the phones fault or the owners who knows but the same could be said about the nexus how many of the issues they are having are owner generated as to the phone actually having problems.

its still valid to show that they the phone had issues. Were the issues the phones fault or the owners who knows but the same could be said about the nexus how many of the issues they are having are owner generated as to the phone actually having problems.

Yeah, a lot of the issues I believe are user error and they dont know who to call for which issues ie: hardware issues - call HTC, network problems - call tmobile/at&t, software problems - ask google or any of the million android forums.

bwhahaha thats funny

another iPhone fan boy... coming from a guy who has used an iPhone, the Droid is better in every way minus simultanious voice and data... (which doesn't really matter much since AT&T's coverage is sub par)

Thats just verizon, its not the phone. I bet you could do it over wifi.

I haven't tried that, but I'll give it a shot tonight and report back the results.

my understanding was that it was because of the phone and not really the providor as much per-say.... thus the Bold was able to do both because it contained multiple recievers in the phone allowing for multiple connection points.

Are you sure that doesn't throw a fireball or a spinning uppercut?

That is why you must be very careful not to mix up the numbers or it could lead to injury or even death.

I haven't tried that, but I'll give it a shot tonight and report back the results.

my understanding was that it was because of the phone and not really the providor as much per-say.... thus the Bold was able to do both because it contained multiple recievers in the phone allowing for multiple connection points.

Yeah report back. I know this is true for the G1 and N1. T-Mobile allows you to use data + voice, but it can only be done on 3G, or wifi because its not up to the network then.

eh, that sets it for me, i'll be going with the motorola droid. the big advantage of the N1 is the processor(twice as fast as the droid, albeit few people will ever use the droid to its full potential, let alone the N1) and the updated version of the android software(which people have been rigging onto the droid). neither makes that much of a difference to me. what does make a difference though is the 12gb larger memory that comes with the droid vs the N1(16 vs 4). i prefer slide out keyboards too.

soooo, because you never had any problems, that means that no one had any problems and the engadget pole is a lie? :bs:

funny, i've never had any xbox 360 problems either...

engadget, and similar websites, have VERY reliable poles, because the people that visit those websites are the idiots that stand in line every year for the latest and greatest.

eh, that sets it for me, i'll be going with the motorola droid. the big advantage of the N1 is the processor(twice as fast as the droid, albeit few people will ever use the droid to its full potential, let alone the N1) and the updated version of the android software(which people have been rigging onto the droid). neither makes that much of a difference to me. what does make a difference though is the 12gb larger memory that comes with the droid vs the N1(16 vs 4). i prefer slide out keyboards too.

soooo, because you never had any problems, that means that no one had any problems and the engadget pole is a lie? :bs:

funny, i've never had any xbox 360 problems either...

engadget, and similar websites, have VERY reliable poles, because the people that visit those websites are the idiots that stand in line every year for the latest and greatest.

fuck yeah we dont!! this is american, not jappppaaan.

Question... why do iphone and droid people take it so personally?

Side note, Apple is so smart they have you buying a new phone just so you can receive picture messages. I bet on the next iphone they will leave the software the same, make an "ibattery door", and people will buy new ones just to have removable batteries. Then at the weekly iphone circle jerk they will show everyone what their battery looks like and be the envy of all of their friends.

Signed,

Guy still using windows mobile devices laughing at the droid iphone battle with front row seats.

another iPhone fan boy... coming from a guy who has used an iPhone, the Droid is better in every way minus simultanious voice and data... (which doesn't really matter much since AT&T's coverage is sub par)

Keep telling yourself iPhone sucks... I'd secretly be pissed if I bought a droid, too. BTW, any unlocked iPhone will walk circles around your droid :)