1 Person Dead, Accidental Shooting At New Albany Firearm Range

John Bruh

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a while. I hear this is why they are so strict up there, Powder Room. Im gonna need to start keeping a gun on my hip in the range in case someone gets crazy and decides to off people.

You dont alread? My Uncle came to visit us from NY and we took him shooting he kept asking us...

"so, you just sign this piece of paper and they give you a gun ... AND BULLETS!?"

"yeah"

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!"

"no"

No matter what this wont reflect very well on ranges. Either enthusiast's wont come as much or new people will be afraid to come and unfortunately crazies will think this is an easy way to get a gun (which it is) and off themselves. Makes me wonder if im going to have to sign a legal waiver saying im not suicidal next time i go.

I was just there and just bought a membership. Didn't know anything of this and the people there were very normal and friendly. Another member came in and asked if all the lanes were open and if they were cleaned. I thought he was talking about shells being cleaned up. Weird to find out on the way home that the lady killed herself and that the guys questions meant something completely different. Oh well at least she didn't start shooting at other people.

i went a few years back to fire my first gun ever... i signed a piece of paper and that was it. i didnt have to watch any videos...

but gun safety is very important. i feel uncomfortable just holding a gun, let alone it being loaded. i wouldnt turn it in any direction other than at the targets.

Range suicides are not that uncommon.

Yeah I have read many stories from all around the nation about suicides at gun ranges. But of course suicide rates are a little higher as it is. They are just finding another way/place to do it. Most are doing it due to money problems. If you don't have the money to buy the gun, just go to the range and it is much cheaper.

In the end, it is very sad to hear it happening in our area.

It scared me at first when I read this, 24 year old girl, NASR, and Trowa not posting through 3 pages... Then it said she was instructed to shoot... Brittney knows everyone at NASR and they all know she knows how to shoot. Scared myself there for a minute.

I was just there and just bought a membership. Didn't know anything of this and the people there were very normal and friendly. Another member came in and asked if all the lanes were open and if they were cleaned. I thought he was talking about shells being cleaned up. Weird to find out on the way home that the lady killed herself and that the guys questions meant something completely different. Oh well at least she didn't start shooting at other people.

This is good to know because I am thinking about going back there this weekend. A small group of us went there on sunday afternoon.

It scared me at first when I read this, 24 year old girl, NASR, and Trowa not posting through 3 pages... Then it said she was instructed to shoot... Brittney knows everyone at NASR and they all know she knows how to shoot. Scared myself there for a minute.

Don't worry it wasn't Brittney!

Its possible, havent you ever seen a newb at a firing range hold the gun sideways while they try and pull the slide or push the trigger safety off?

I've felt very uncomfortable a couple times with new shooters turning around in the lanes and pointing loaded guns at me. It's terrible however you slice it, I hope they pull through.

This is one of the main reasons I got out of the shooting industry. I was a bullet sponge once and now people are dumber than ever, especially with the influx of new gun owners out there.

I wonder if she rented the gun or brought her own. If she came to rent one for suicide, I guess it makes more sense, but otherwise - WTF? Do it at home away from innocent bystanders you emo fuck.

Can't wait to see what anti-gun groups make of this.

The last time someone killed themselves there, the lady bought the most expensive revolver they had in stock to do the job.

The last time someone killed themselves there, the lady bought the most expensive revolver they had in stock to do the job.

was that a couple months ago. i was telling a buddy of mine that this happened and he thought it just happend a couple months ago too

i went a few years back to fire my first gun ever... i signed a piece of paper and that was it. i didnt have to watch any videos...

but gun safety is very important. i feel uncomfortable just holding a gun, let alone it being loaded. i wouldnt turn it in any direction other than at the targets.

This must have been three to four years ago. Right before I left the safety video was enacted for insurance reasons.

This must have been three to four years ago. Right before I left the safety video was enacted for insurance reasons.

yea it has been about 4 years or so ago. i doubt i'll be going back there. they put a lot of pressure on me while i was there. i was so nervous to not mess up, it was hard to even have fun. but i understand the importance.. just was uncomfortable.

yea it has been about 4 years or so ago. i doubt i'll be going back there. they put a lot of pressure on me while i was there. i was so nervous to not mess up, it was hard to even have fun. but i understand the importance.. just was uncomfortable.

I feel the opposite there.