Need computer help

DaddyBuiltRacing

Alright we have a HP DV6700 that came with Vista. One morning we woke up and the computer wouldn't work, so we installed windows XP into it since we had it laying around. After we installed that we have been unable to use our wireless internet and have no sound what so ever. Anyone have any ideas on what to do in order to get the sound back and be able to use our wireless. Don't really wanna take it to a shop and be without a computer for a few days.

I have tried finding the sound drivers and downloading them but I am either totally computer dumb or they just arent working.

All help is appriciated

Dont know if this will help but I found it on another forum

1. From Device Manager (be sure to select View/Show hidden devices), find the 'ISAPNP Read Data Port' device from the System Devices list. (Of note: once I successfully repaired this problem, this device no longer appears.)

2. Right click the ISAPNP device, and select "Update Driver"

3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"

4. Select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install."

5. The step I left out on prior trials: UNSELECT "Show Compatible Hardware"

6. Be sure that "(Standard System Devices)" is selected under Manufacturer.

7. Under Model, scroll down until you see "Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator". Select this item, and select "Next>".

8. You will receive some frightening error message that you should probably disregard.

9. Complete the installation of the driver. You will see your device list magically change before your eyes. The other PNP devices will mysteriously become enabled and active. If not, restart.

you need to download the drivers for your wireless network card, and your audio card. there's probably a few other drivers you need for pieces of hardware that aren't working (like your modem) but you probly don't use it so it doesn't matter. if wnaplay's method doesn't work for you...

1. go to the HP site

2. search for your particular model

3. go to the support/download section

4. downloaded the drivers for the computer (most importantly audio and wifi)

if you need more help let me know.