Sirius Investment

Guest 614Streets

Guest 614Streets

OMG I feel so sorry for anyone who had stops today.

I got out friday , and then daytraded yesterday with great sucess.

If your playing SIRI the Howard Stern contract is what you want to pay attention to. For the qtr SIRI got to 19 million subs and posted a profit. However Free cash flow slipped. I am looking for a re entry. Street.com raised from sell to hold. Liberty call is today.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 614Streets
Hey will isn't your brother a finacial advisor or a wiz at this stuff I knew I was missing something

Nope Paul is the painter at tansky toyota. Only financial people I know are Clay and Dick Maxwell.

Here is the Trade cancellation list for the biggest ever in history market plunge that happened today.

http://media.globenewswire.com/cache/6948/file/8211.htm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest 614Streets
Dude I consider myself moderately versed in stocks/bonds and I don't know what the hell you are talking about.... I guess I am old school

Had a double top break out today just looks ripe thats all, and no jason :(

Yeah, auto industry posted good reports the other day. I was just thinking the same thing, but I'm still in from last time because since it was election season and I pretty much knew the outcome.

This is the time that on the one hand I wish I wasn't dumping so much into my business. Oh well in the end I'll have even more to put in the market.

Was just looking through SIRI's financial projections on my scottrade account. Its been a long time in the making, but they are really starting to look like a profitable company. The only thing that has me a little worried is their long term viability as a media service. With all the technologies swirling around and expanding it will be a fight to keep SIRI useful. Hopefully they have inventive people work for them and keep it going well for the future.

Guest 614Streets
WOW UP HUGE 8% today!!!!!!!!!!!! SP Breakout!!!!!!!!!!! up 13% in two days resistance is now at 1.59 and after 1.59 another break out could push this puppy way higher... Edited by 614Streets

Hpfiend, its technical analysis, not typical fundamentalist type buying and trading. He's buying and selling based on certain predetermined trends, or triggers, not fundamental characteristics like p/e ratio, revenue, debt ratios, outlook, etc. Its easy to learn.

Is there a decent book out on this type of investing? I would like to understand it to try and hedge my "fundamental" investing style... is it based on options?

Is there a decent book out on this type of investing? I would like to understand it to try and hedge my "fundamental" investing style... is it based on options?

Typically people that trade like this lose money unless they know what they are doing.

If I were you, id do my homework on 5 to 9 really good stocks and do trading based on fundamentals. Do your homework on them by watching them, reading news, reading their balance sheets and financial releases. Technical analysis will net you a few bucks here and there, but there's nothing like riding a really good stock right to the top.

I would diversify yourself by being in different sectors. (Tech, finance, consumer goods, commodities, etc)

I simply watch companies for volatile patterns that have a reason to then.things like earnings reports politics impact some stocks more than others. Then I establish my time line and sometimes my exceptable loses and stick to the plan. doing this its not hard to out perform the main indexes.

I simply watch companies for volatile patterns that have a reason to then.things like earnings reports politics impact some stocks more than others. Then I establish my time line and sometimes my exceptable loses and stick to the plan. doing this its not hard to out perform the main indexes.

+1

I just made a killing on Transocean from the whole BP spill incident. Events like those are great buying opportunities.

• 2 weeks later...
The only thing that has me a little worried is their long term viability as a media service. With all the technologies swirling around and expanding it will be a fight to keep SIRI useful.

The technology won't be what keeps Sirius alive. The exclusive content is what will do it. Exclusive sports, news, and talk radio are what will keep it alive - Pandora is already better for music-only content.

Want NFL radio, Howard Stern, etc.? It's Sirius or nothing. There is a reason they renew these pricey contracts.

The technology won't be what keeps Sirius alive. The exclusive content is what will do it. Exclusive sports, news, and talk radio are what will keep it alive - Pandora is already better for music-only content.

Want NFL radio, Howard Stern, etc.? It's Sirius or nothing. There is a reason they renew these pricey contracts.

Good call. Anything that is proprietary is a good money maker.

I had VMWare since April...cloud computing is still going to be up and coming in 2011. Hold onto it.

Another great cloud investment is Hewlett-Packard (HP). They got drilled in 2010 (down 18%), but their P/E is really low, and they are pushing into cloud computing this year.

WATCH OUT FOR PROFIT-TAKING in January. The market will do well this year...even if we see a slight drop shortly...

Guest 614Streets

Apple and Sirius XM have already worked together in the past , most notibly with XM skydock. With Sirius 2.0 coming out later this year , it is very likely as apple seeks cloud computing and offering a cloud library which would allow users to download songs from ITUNES out of the sky anywhere in the US , that apple and sirius xm could join forces.

Here is the patent Sirius XM filed for.

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.html&r=5&p=1&f=G&l=50&d=PG01&S1=xm.AS.&OS=an/xm&RS=AN/xm

Apple breaking ground on huge data center....

http://www.cultofmac.com/interview-apples-gigantic-new-data-center-hints-at-cloud-computing/14680

VMware , sound investment , also Redhat....

By the way Siri ripped off fresh 52 week highs today at 1.72.