What is it worth? Honda CBR 600 RR

koolrayz

Considering its mileage and the fact it's been dumped and scraped-up, I think offering $3000 is reasonable. On a warm spring day it might be a $4000 bike to the right buyer, but I think that's too high a price to pay in January.

Justin (Cycle Search) and Josh (Flat tire) are in the business of buying/selling bikes -- both are good fellas and I'm sure they would give you a fair appraisal if you PM'd them with a link to this thread.

Edited by Doc

ive heard this for years....i always wondered if it were true.

I was wrong on that. I did some research and found that the 600 RR in fact does take the speedo/odometer reading in the crankcase rather than from the wheel, so changing either sprocket will have an effect on the readings.

it depends on what the speedometer/odometer is run off of. on my ninja its run off the front wheel, so no, a sprocket will not affect it whatsoever.

however, some bikes speedo/odometer is run off the transmission, in which case the rear sprocket will affect the milage.

that said, i dont think 13K is high miles at all. especially for a honda.

if it was an 04 accord with 13K would THAT be high miles? not at all.

Just because it's a Honda doesn't mean 13k isn't a lot. You don't know how this was ridden.

Getting a bike to 12k rpm isn't hard at all and you can bang through all the gears really easy, and a lot more frequently than you will in your car on the road compared to a bike.

Still a clean looking bike from the pictures. 3800 and go get it.

i'd offer the guy $3500 tops. it appears to me from those pics that the bike sees mostly highway and wheelies seeing that it has a cage, 56 tooth rear (stock is 43T), bigger chicken strips than raisin canes, and some damage. the fork seals are probably shot and its going to cost you about 500 to get that back to a more streetable setup (rebuilt forks, paint on that side fairing, and stock gearing).

i'd offer the guy $3500 tops. it appears to me from those pics that the bike sees mostly highway and wheelies seeing that it has a cage, 56 tooth rear (stock is 43T), bigger chicken strips than raisin canes, and some damage. the fork seals are probably shot and its going to cost you about 500 to get that back to a more streetable setup (rebuilt forks, paint on that side fairing, and stock gearing).

i agree with him, but i wouldnt give $3500 for it

$3000 tops

a bike that gets stunted, like this one obviously has been ....gets trashed.

couldn't agree with this statement any more ryan

another +1 on that one.

on a side note, a friend of mine just let go of a 06 600rr for $3800...it was minty with 7k miles. he asked $4800 all last year for it, and finally gave in.

tom

I would say this bike in todays market is 3k -3200.. I did just sell an 05 same color with a carbon yosh,hid kit and 1 tooth down front sproket, frame sliders with 5600 miles for 3400 but it had not been down. Its a buyers market 2 years ago you could have got 5k

I would say this bike in todays market is 3k -3200.. I did just sell an 05 same color with a carbon yosh,hid kit and 1 tooth down front sproket, frame sliders with 5600 miles for 3400 but it had not been down. Its a buyers market 2 years ago you could have got 5k

^^^ True story about the buyers market. It is even more evident on eBay with bikes going for lower than ever. $3000 would be a solid deal for the bike.