new project, foxbody daily driver.

Shawn89

Well, after owning a few 240sx's and 2 hondas I decided to try something new. So I picked up a 88 foxbody notchback. Its 5speed, has 3.73 gears, and king cobra clutch, and hurst shifter. Engine is lightly modded, sounds like its got a small cam, cheap(maybe homemade) cold air intake with bbk filter, headers, h pipe, and cheap thrush mufflers. Body is all stock exept the fiberglass trunk lid. I've got some rust to fix which you can see in the pics. All and all the cars pretty clean, and it runs good.

The car is my daily untill I get back to work which I hope will be soon. As of right now I just wanna get the cheap parts off and replaced with bbk and flowmaster parts. Down the line I might slap a supercharger on it.

Let me know what you think, any tips or tricks about the car will help.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g255/thrilz4u89/MonJan25152651EST2010.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g255/thrilz4u89/MonJan25152659EST2010.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g255/thrilz4u89/MonJan25152719EST2010.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g255/thrilz4u89/MonJan25152710EST2010.jpg

Looks great shawn, save up some money and get the stuff needed and I will fix the rust issues and paint the car. Soon as it warms up we can put all the pannels off , double check everything, media blast the fender wheels por15 everything. The rip into all the suspension stuff you wanted and powder coat all the old oem peices to clean up. To be honest just clean up the motor do not mod it, do all the basic maint stuff, get the power steering crap and just clean it. Wait till you get a job and another daily before you start modding your only car.

Get some electric fan's to clean it up a bit, that damn shroud looks horrible. That pannel looks like its been fixed before. Looks like someone fixed the pannel and then rust issues started to happen. How does the underside look? That interior looks like it could use a cleaning, good time to wash everything and make sure no major rust holes lives inside the car too. Make sure to start growing a mullet and mustang man ego lol

"I feel so delishucly white trash, mommy I want a mullet!" Lol chicks dig mullets man ain't you seen joe dirt? I can have an ego cause I've done had a sr20 that would have outran this car lol

I've been under the car and I didn't see and rust, it looks pretty clean.

There is a bad spot on the frame rail near where the sway bar bolts up I need to fix asap. Juat afrade I'm gonna have to pull the engine to do it and I can't have the car down very long.

I have a set of E7TE heads and intake I'm trying to sell if anyone wants them.

Just buy Por15 and stop being a cheap ass its cheap and will fix the issue or slow it down a lot , and cost much less then replacing the pannels.

+1, and white paint is easy to match, so you still can be a cheapie...

Well, starter went out the other night so now I got to push start the car.........damnit.

And the same day my hood latch broke so I got a bungycord holding the hood down......ghetto!

So as soon as I get some time I gotta go to my home away from home pick n' puke and see how much there gonna rape me. I think people are ringing stuff up wrong sometimes cause prices on the same things jump sometimes.

So, how is everyones crappy weekend going lol

Well, starter went out the other night so now I got to push start the car.........damnit.

And the same day my hood latch broke so I got a bungycord holding the hood down......ghetto!

So as soon as I get some time I gotta go to my home away from home pick n' puke and see how much there gonna rape me. I think people are ringing stuff up wrong sometimes cause prices on the same things jump sometimes.

So, how is everyones crappy weekend going lol