Got my helmet painted

Radio Flyer1647545514

I was sick of the graphics on my helmet and found a guy on OR to air brush my helmet. This is the final product basically with the exception of a few touch ups and then he has 3 coats of clear to throw on it and it's finished.

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr116/RadioFlyerGlass/side1.jpg

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr116/RadioFlyerGlass/side2.jpg

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr116/RadioFlyerGlass/back.jpg

Let me know what you think.

I like it!!! Many moons ago I followed the Dead for a while with some friends. I saw them last year at the Rothbury fest. These days I try and see as many WSP or Mule shows that I can all over the country San Diego and Austin being my 2 favorite places to watch a live show...

Thanks everyone.

Reimbrandt over on OR did it for me, so somewhat local and he does a great job for the pricing. From what I can tell anyways, I didn't get more than 2 quotes on getting it done.

I definitely haven't seen another one out there even remotely close to it.

He started with a helmet with graphics on it, took it all the way down to base and then primered and what not. Turned out pretty good seeing as how we were worrying a little bit some of the old design might show through but it turned out well.

I like it!!! Many moons ago I followed the Dead for a while with some friends. I saw them last year at the Rothbury fest. These days I try and see as many WSP or Mule shows that I can all over the country San Diego and Austin being my 2 favorite places to watch a live show...

Haven't had the pleasure to see them myself but listen to them on a regular. I like all the art work that they use so I figured I'd plaster my helmet with it.

He said normal pricing on something like this is anywhere from 400-500.

It gets cheaper if you have a helmet without graphics on it already I believe.

He had to take mine and get 3/4 of the graphics off I believe, prime and paint and then he's adding on 3 layers of clear coat after he touches it up.

He's on OR so he shouldn't be hard to get a hold of. (Reimbrandt is the name)

The first person I hit up was attack painter because he was local. He said he didn't feel comfortable painting overtop of the graphics and said it would be to much of a PITA for him to get it down to a surface that he deemed acceptable to be painted on.

I'm much more happy I went with Reimbrandt. He was 100 percent confident in his skills and he blew this out of the water IMO.

I think those prices are GREAT considering what kids payed to get their hockey goalie helmets done. I fully recommend him.

Just say you saw my helmet here or on O.R. Only reason he took my helmet to do was so he could get some of his work out there on OR for people to see.

EDIT: Ryan, if you want to get yours done I would get a hold of him sooner than later. He said work was soon to be picking up and he did give me a bit of a deal since I was one of the first people to ask him for work done. I'm sure you could even do the sanding part yourself and that should cut the costs some.

He said normal pricing on something like this is anywhere from 400-500.

It gets cheaper if you have a helmet without graphics on it already I believe.

He had to take mine and get 3/4 of the graphics off I believe, prime and paint and then he's adding on 3 layers of clear coat after he touches it up.

He's on OR so he shouldn't be hard to get a hold of. (Reimbrandt is the name)

The first person I hit up was attack painter because he was local. He said he didn't feel comfortable painting overtop of the graphics and said it would be to much of a PITA for him to get it down to a surface that he deemed acceptable to be painted on.

I'm much more happy I went with Reimbrandt. He was 100 percent confident in his skills and he blew this out of the water IMO.

I think those prices are GREAT considering what kids payed to get their hockey goalie helmets done. I fully recommend him.

Just say you saw my helmet here or on O.R. Only reason he took my helmet to do was so he could get some of his work out there on OR for people to see.

EDIT: Ryan, if you want to get yours done I would get a hold of him sooner than later. He said work was soon to be picking up and he did give me a bit of a deal since I was one of the first people to ask him for work done. I'm sure you could even do the sanding part yourself and that should cut the costs some.

im actually not in the market to get it done, but just wanted a price reference. looks like he does some good work.

and yeah, that guy probably does better airbrushing than paul, paul is more of a painter than an airbrush guy. and from what i know he doesnt like doing helmets, painting or airbrushing cause its very time consuming and he is a busy guy (understandable)

looks like you got exactly what you wanted! kick ass man, enjoy the lid!