No good stuff yota!

Guest Removed

I really think the floormat is a cover up for a huge software error. Steve Wozniak was saying it was a software problem and calling out Toyota on his Prius. In case you aren't familiar, Steve Wozniak is the co-founder of Apple, so he knows a good bit about software.

Guest Removed
it is a software issue...the pcm's arent dealing with the pedal assm to well. we had issues with all the delphi junk on the sedona's. from pedals, to TB's motors and pcm flashs. the biggest issue with them was painted grounds tho. 80% of the ones i fixxed was clean the painted grounds for the pcm and what not, and reflash the pcm, and most of them never came back..if they did, it was a pedal assm or the tb..mostly pedals tho

not good indeed

Little old. And I've had plenty of bad experiences with bad dealers of all makes. YOu may also be suprised to know that Ford has the highest accelerator issue complaints of all manufacturers. And not by a little, either. Anyone hear about the Nissan recall lately? Of course not. ;)

I heard about the Prius'. Crazy shit.

As drive by wire technology continues to disconnect the driver from the vehicle, more and more of these incidents will happen. It's scary to think about a world with vehicles utilizing drive by wire with sat uplinks.

I wonder about security of the sat to vehicle connection and whether or not some hackers could plant some code that would give them control over let's say all Onstar vehicles? Can they make them accelerate uncontrollably at will?

As drive by wire technology continues to disconnect the driver from the vehicle, more and more of these incidents will happen. It's scary to think about a world with vehicles utilizing drive by wire with sat uplinks.

I wonder about security of the sat to vehicle connection and whether or not some hackers could plant some code that would give them control over let's say all Onstar vehicles? Can they make them accelerate uncontrollably at will?

It doesn't work that way. Let's just leave it at that.

That would be like someone hacking NORAD to gain control of your TV in order to make your fridge warm up.

That would be like someone hacking NORAD to gain control of your TV in order to make your fridge warm up.

There was a Sci-Fi movie on the other night where a hacker used a Tom-Tom GPS (with the brand name poorly painted over) to gain control of the throttle and steering on a mid 60s Land Rover.....I was laughing my butt off!