2 adult dogs need homes

F4iBunny

I have a client that is looking for a home for her two dogs. One is a 5yo black pug and the other is a 7yo Miniature Dachshund. The reason they gave is that they have 2 kids now. Stupid reason but I guess the Dachshund isn't getting along well with them. Obviously they would prefer for them to go to a new home together.

Dachshund's tend to bond closely with owners. New kids are sometimes seen as a threat to them, but with the right training and patients the would become accepting of kids. We have one and whenever we have company he's on edge for a while, but once the kids start playing ball with him he's in heaven.

I already have 4 rescues or I would take them both.

Sgirl is right. This is an easy issue to deal with. By to them it's easier to just cast out your pets. It's not like they are vicious breeds. A pug a d a Wei we dogare too much to handle? For real?

Sorry to rant bunny. I hope they find a better home.

I totally agree with you guys. When I read the email from work I was kinda pissed with their stupid reasoning. People do this all the time. Like they're moving to a place that doesn't accept pets... then don't move to that place! I hate when ppl act like pets are disposable! So I thought I would help find them better parents.

I understand that if they don't get along with the kids something needs to be done, but just giving them away is wrong.

I've had dogs all my life. Right now I have a miniature dachshund and it is the most loyal, loving, funny dog that I have ever had or met. While I do agree dachshunds tend to grow very attached to one person, mine is equally loving to my wife and myself, and I'm sure could adapt well to a child. Maybe it's how he was raised.

If a dog is loved and treated well, I think it could adapt to the kids.

I could understand if the kids are disabled or have health issues, but I just don't understand how anyone could just dump a beloved pet. I would choose my dog over 99% of the people I know.

I would take that dachshund in a heartbeat but the one thing my dog isn't good with is other dogs. He wants all the attention all the time.

....they made a commitment when they chose to get 2 pets and they should have be more responsible. Geesh

I agree. You make a commitment that should last for the life of the pet. Some dogs do not adjust well to change but you find what works so that all can live harmonioulsy.

I totally agree with you guys. When I read the email from work I was kinda pissed with their stupid reasoning. People do this all the time. Like they're moving to a place that doesn't accept pets... then don't move to that place! I hate when ppl act like pets are disposable! So I thought I would help find them better parents.

I know that you're just trying to help out and make the best of the situation. It's just that lazy selfish people like that make me livid.

It seems simple: Treat others as you would want to be treated. I know that pets aren't people but there must be sort of trickle down effect for them....

On the other hand, they're very cute..... hope they find happy homes soon or are allowed to stay where they are.....

they could come live with you and mike and the cats.... what a fun house that would be!!! 00020345.gif I'd take them but my haus already has 2 pups, and I don't know if the beagle (lucy) would take to more fur around here!! I love pugs too... I'll ask around if I can find a home for them.... another place she might want to look is forgotten 4 paws, it's better then the pound the dogs won't get put down if they don't get adopted in a quick fashion...