What member has the fastest vehicle 1/4mile and et.

Mattsv8

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell to the naw!!! And it can be done by any member. A mod wouldnt have to do it.

Depends on whether we trust people to use the honor system. The script would work well as long as people are posting true times in their profile. If not then we want to see a scan of the timeslip.

Maintaining a list doesn't sound like a lot of work as long as people don't expect it to be updated every day. Sounds like it would be fun to track. If we want someone to do the job manually I'll volunteer. Doesn't sound like much work as long as it's just a list of screen name, ET and Speed. Update it periodically (couple times a week), sort it by ET and post it.

Depends on whether we trust people to use the honor system. The script would work well as long as people are posting true times in their profile. If not then we want to see a scan of the timeslip.

Maintaining a list doesn't sound like a lot of work as long as people don't expect it to be updated every day. Sounds like it would be fun to track. If we want someone to do the job manually I'll volunteer. Doesn't sound like much work as long as it's just a list of screen name, ET and Speed. Update it periodically (couple times a week), sort it by ET and post it.

Id like to help out too, I really feel all time slips or board should have a pic of the timeslip. im willing to donate a few bucks towards this too, im. I have been out of the loop for so long , I want to help out this year as much as I can. Even tho I will not have nothing fast I just want to give back some this year.

Allright Brian I was out tonight and was offically baptized in with the fucking car geting broke. I guess I'm in the 1% for 2010. :)

I have offically attended more CR functions than waiting in line at the Apple store as I have been there in in 2010 YET.

Damn! I cant talk stuff about you until 2011. What happened to the car?

:lol: you saw the apple store post before I edited it.

Personally I would like all entries on the list to be verified by time slip. Not everyone has a scanner, camera or the ability to post the time slip itself. What about this idea. The list has screen name, all the info from the time slips, and a check box for verified entries. That way people who can't post the slip can at least post their time and get on the list. Then at a later date the time slip can be verified and the list can be updated. The list would be sorted by fastest ET. Time slip must have a visible date stamp for the current year. Another idea I had was that the slip must be from a track in Ohio. Nothing against guys out side Ohio, but this would keep the competition local, and also takes away anyones advantage of longer seasons, temperatures, air densities, etc... But that's just an idea, I'm still volunteering to maintain the list based on what the site wants.

Personally I would like all entries on the list to be verified by time slip. Not everyone has a scanner, camera or the ability to post the time slip itself. What about this idea. The list has screen name, all the info from the time slips, and a check box for verified entries. That way people who can't post the slip can at least post their time and get on the list. Then at a later date the time slip can be verified and the list can be updated. The list would be sorted by fastest ET. Time slip must have a visible date stamp for the current year. Another idea I had was that the slip must be from a track in Ohio. Nothing against guys out side Ohio, but this would keep the competition local, and also takes away anyones advantage of longer seasons, temperatures, air densities, etc... But that's just an idea, I'm still volunteering to maintain the list based on what the site wants.

That would be a start, but most people have a camera phone or cam to take the pic of the slip, then all they would have to do is email the person in charge to have the slip uploaded to the list.

Looks like Ray is taking care of it. Fitting that someone toward (or at) the top of that list will be running it. Lemmie know if I can be of any help, but it seems you have it simplified pretty well.

I didnt include the out of state track idea because some travel to michigan, and indiana. The competion should stay local with the must attend CR event rule