Time Warner's wonderful customer service

Nitrousbird

Sadly, I am stuck with TW service where I live. Wish I wasn't, but that's how it is.

Phone, HSD, Cable go out (analog out too...all snow), all at the same time. Service out.

Fine, call customer service.

If you call WOW's customer service, if an outage isn't already reported for your area, a service outage work order is setup.

Instead, I get some lady asking if I rebooted my boxes, and still asking after I explained twice that all services went down at the same time, and all of my analog channels on a cable straight to my TV is out...the service is dead. I had to tell her I work for her competitor, and asked if she needed me to grab my $3000 signal meter and take signal levels outside to prove my service is out.

Do I get a work order? Nope. All they tell me is they marked me down as out, but can't do anything until more people call in. What, really? So if none of my neigbors call in, I could be without service for days. Sweet.

My wife has to get onile for a build tonight, luckily I have my air card, as I know my TW service won't be up by then. Sadly it is Sprint service and slow as shit.

Biggest snow storm we'll likely see this year... what do you want them to say? They'll be right out and fix it for you tonight? :)

Would your company do that? Double :)

But on a much more serious note: I can't watch Man vs Food because this heavy snow keeps filling up my Direct TV dish.

In order to declare an outage, there needs to be 3 people on the same node completely out of service. If there was an outage tech routed for every customer that was out of service there wouldn't be enough techs to go around. The rep you talked to in customer service might not have the technical training that you do, your not talking to a tech your talking to a sales rep basically...

I worked in a golf call center before. I know jack shit about the technical aspects of golf clubs, heads, ect...yet I was "trained" to do my best helping customers out. If I could not give the correct answer I had to issue a tech ticket to our technical support team who would then call the customer back. That could take up to a week before the tech team got back to the customer, its kinda fucked up but thats just how some companies systems work.

Yeah dish sucks in the winter time. I used to have one and anytime it snowed heavily my service went out, same thing with heavy rain fall. I have been told that spraying Pam or something similar on the dish will help keep the snow off, now how legit that really is I do not know.

Yeah sat. tv isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

IDK, I never touch mine and its fine right now with 7-8" on the ground. Haven't checked the dish so I don't know if its covered or not.

Whether or not your satellite goes out in bad weather is hugely dependent on the setup of the dish. If its not pointed correctly by someone who knows what they are doing then it will stop working in some weather. If its pointed very badly it will stop working if a cloud is in the way. I set mine up myself because I hear the guys they send out do a crappy job anyway.

I don't expect them to declare an outage for every call in, but they should set up scheduled work orders until they do.

So what if my service was out because the drop was cut. I would be the only one impacted. Would still be out until someone came out and replace the drop.

But since no one else called in, and no service calls were generated, I would never get a service tech out unless I called and called, until they cave in and actually send one.

It's an easy process - 3 calls per node, set it as an outage. Or if your service is heavy enough in an area, do 3 calls per amp. That easy, set service out work orders up until then, once declared, put those in an outage pool, once it clears, you simply contact the customers, confirm service is restored, and cancel the truck roll.

But that's good customer service, something TW knows nothing about.

Dayumm.... Posts like this make me reconsider getting satellite tv. The times that satellite goes out are times people are usually in the house, like heavy rain or snowfall.

That's very true, but when it is your only option (no cable available here in Time Warner land) then you just keep loads of stuff on the DVR.

That's very true, but when it is your only option (no cable available here in Time Warner land) then you just keep loads of stuff on the DVR.

amen to that...dvr was humming last night! I got ESPN and that was it on my Dish. Weird.

I guess if you are only gonna get one channel, that's the one to get!

In defense of Direct TV, this is the first time in 1.5 years I have had an issue with it. And really, that 'issue" only means I have to put on boots, take 2 steps out onto the deck and brush the snow off the dish. No biggie.

It's been fine all day today.