Decision / Rant

Main3s

So with my tax return I had planned on paying off my GTP. I’ve been limping it around for over a year with some mysterious trans issue (I’ve had it rebuilt/ replaced 3 times and it still isn't right). Anyway, my plan was to pay it off with the taxes then save up the money I would be spending on the payment and have a stock trans rebuilt and put in. But over the past few days the trans is starting to slip pretty bad and I don’t think it has much left in it. Now I have a decision. Pay off the car now and hope it last till I have enough money saved up. Or just rebuild the trans now. This really fuckin sucks. I guess this is more a rant then anything. I just wish it all could have gone as planned, no payment, then fix. :mad:

rebuild the trans. What good is paying on a car that doesn't work?

I know, but fuck!!! Why couldn't it last a little longer? This car is a curse.

I'm goanna start making some calls to see how much I can find a used trans for then go from there.

I know, but fuck!!! Why couldn't it last a little longer? This car is a curse.

I'm goanna start making some calls to see how much I can find a used trans for then go from there.

sounds like my old Grand Am, although it just had nickle and dime issues that were annoying as shit. Luckily nothing major other than 2 LIM gasket replacements

The timing is perfect. The trans broke while you could afford to have it repaired. Look at it as a blessing and work toward paying it off afterward; a running car will make it easier to earn the money to pay it off over a slightly longer period of time. :)

Do you have a second car? 09 Impreza...? Let the gtp sit for a little while and save for the trans.

The G/F has been driving it because the oil pump in her turk went out. :(

Can't say I'd pay ~$1500 to have it rebuilt, but you could put in a good used unit from Ed for half or better and put the rest toward the payoff.

I gave him a call yesterday, he's going to check and see what he's got with low miles. hopefully I have some money left then I can just pay the car off with my qtrly bonus.

The timing is perfect. The trans broke while you could afford to have it repaired. Look at it as a blessing and work toward paying it off afterward; a running car will make it easier to earn the money to pay it off over a slightly longer period of time. :)

That's a better way of looking at it. Not my original plan, but better then the car giving out when I'm broke.

I'd look into why you're eating trans's that fast. Sounds like a recurring problem.

A trans every 3 years is a lot, unless its got like 400,000 miles on it. But my 110,000 mile 4T65-HD still shifts well. Have you considered the $15 shift kit the GTP guys do? Supposed to help the clutches last longer. I can dig it up if you haven't heard of it, I did it to my trans and combined with a tune it shifts nice and strong.