Need Outdoor Boot Suggestions.

Rustlestiltskin

Well I've been a rocky mountain boot man my whole life for outdoor/work boots. The pair I wear now are about 8 yrs old and bout shot so i'm looking into getting a new pair of boots. I just wanted to see what other people's opinions are on a good boot.

Whatever boot you suggest make sure its:

-Waterproof

-600grams of insulation or more

-preferrably steel toe

I usually wear these for anything outdoors and to work occasionly.

And please no rubber duck boot suggestions lol.

I wear a size 11 btw lol.

And thanks again for the future advice or suggestions u guys toss out there. I'd like to stick with another set of rocky's but i'm open for suggestions

thanks,

Paul :cool:

I wear Redwing Lineman boots. Warm, feet stay bone dry, great traction. Some people hate the high heel in the back and the steel shank (but it's great for ladder work) - I'm used to them and I'm not bothered at all. I can wear them all day and my feet feel fine.

Hell, my last pair stayed waterproof quading all the way up until I submerged them above the top of the boot...at that point, all bets were off.

Georgia Boots have been the best waterproof, insulated, and steel toe boot as far as reliability and comfort go for me. Its a matter of going and trying a few on and picking whats good for you.

A friend of mine wont buy anything but the Doc Martins work boot. Says they are like walking on clouds. Im gonna try a pair on my next boot.

Docs are good boots/shoes if you get the ones made in England. The ones most stores have are made in China and are crap. I wear my docs every day to work, but I have an office job. I would not recommend them for a lot of outdoors stuff and heavy work protection.

I would say stick with the Rocky's since you have had such good experience with them.

Rocky boots ftw, have a set of bear claws that i normally wear, not as much thisulate as you want (180grams) with gortex and put 1000+ miles on them, they have yet to fail me. I'm actually looking to get them resoled instead of buying a new pair lol.

Nickey

I just bought a pair of Wolverine's (cant remember the name of the boot) their nice and so far have stayed dry even through walking through snow, sleet and huge puddles plus they have a steal toe which is what i wanted.

Timberline Pro's were nice but seemed a bit expensive for what you got (the ones i was looking at werent water proof) though ive never heard of your Rocky Mountain boots?

Anyone have any recommendations for water proof boots that wont make your feet sweat?!

I'm more a fan of Redwing, but Rocky makes good boots too. If you decide on Redwings, I recommend heading down to Logan to the outlet store. It's right off 33 just past Rockbridge. It is a true outlet store in that all the items are structurally sound, but have small blemishes that mean they can't be sold for full price. Mine had a small nick in leather of the toe. Had I bought them new, the first time I kicked something to break it loose I would have done more damage. I paid $100 for a pair of boots that retails for over $200.