timing belt...

macpyro2

Guest Removed
You guys go right ahead and mix green with G12

mix it...what are you retarded....hell no, flush it to death with water, then start mixing in straight green.

id rather mix the yellow with g12, the dexcool!

hell your suggesting that

mix it...what are you retarded....hell no, flush it to death with water, then start mixing in straight green.

I used to have a coolant leak, so I was adding to the G12 on a regular basis. Plus Dexcool is compatible with G12 and green is not. If someone decides to add G12 to it, there wont be any problems. I've been running straight dexcool for a while now, and have been adding it to the car since I got it, works fine, I think the problem isnt the dexcool, but the GM vehicles it goes in.

G05 is for Fords, and I'd be damned if I were to add ford fluid to my car. I'd rather pee in it :p

Guest Removed
I used to have a coolant leak, so I was adding to the G12 on a regular basis. Plus Dexcool is compatible with G12 and green is not. If someone decides to add G12 to it, there wont be any problems. I've been running straight dexcool for a while now, and have been adding it to the car since I got it, works fine, I think the problem isnt the dexcool, but the GM vehicles it goes in.

G05 is for Fords, and I'd be damned if I were to add ford fluid to my car. I'd rather pee in it :p

to be honest, IIRC when i worked at gm, they was blaming the radiator cap as the issue, introducing air into the system, causing it to gel. which in fact they found (i worked in R&D) was electrolysis was not nice very nice to dexcool in the long run of things. but just like a gm product, your's is pissing it out anyway, so after so long its like you flushed it. ooh and fix your damn leak.:p

and why not? every one else puts ford parts in their race cars

to be honest, IIRC when i worked at gm, they was blaming the radiator cap as the issue, introducing air into the system, causing it to gel. which in fact they found (i worked in R&D) was electrolysis was not nice very nice to dexcool in the long run of things. but just like a gm product, your's is pissing it out anyway, so after so long its like you flushed it. ooh and fix your damn leak.:p

and why not? every one else puts ford parts in their race cars

Oh its fixed now. I dont want ford parts in my car because its not a race car, it needs to last for longer than 13 seconds at a time.

FWIW...as others have stated the job isn't THAT bad, it's just a little time consuming. Sounds like you've probably got the technical knowledge and tools for the job.

I did mine the first time around. It's due again in <1000 miles and despite having the parts in the garage, I'm finding it hard to force myself to do it this time around without any heat in the garage. If it was nicer I'd do it in an instant...but it's not so I may have to farm out the work this time around.

Dexcool vs. G12....I've had Dexcool in my car for the past 2-3 years with no issues...179K miles.

Andy

no thank gm for making a product that makes more work for me...shit is junk, and in the 5 years/100,000 it suppose to be good for, all it does is make the rest of your system garbage.

http://www.girardgibbs.com/dexcool.html

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/gm_dexcool.html

Yeah I have to put that shit in the newer saabs, I hate that stuff

The wifey's GLI needs to be done soon too! I so want to do it for her, but at the same time with the cold I don't want to. Gearhead offered up a great deal for me for the car that I might be call up here in a few weeks. I got mine done with a few months ago.

Maybe we should just all have an audi timing belt party! mines just a little overdue... 139k and on the original belt as far as i know... :/

A little overdue? lol.........Understatement of the month. :eek::eek:

http://rofl.wheresthebeef.co.uk/Mother%20of%20God.jpg

:D