Gauging interest in meat and eggs.

Akula

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed that movie. There is a farmer on there, Joel Salatin from Polyface Farms, that I am following.

I just watched it in full... I'm going to start something here, I just dont know what. We need to make a change, and Im here in full support of you.

I'm about the strat another thread.

I have a few eggs now. I will have Broiler chicks sometime in the next few weeks, it will be 8 weeks from then. I cannot grow the chickens outside, until the weather gets a bit warmer.

sweet.. so spring is possibly when we could expect regular quatities to purchase? (i could easily go thru 2 doz eggs a week)

Yep $2.50/doz. I am going to start supplementing their diet to produce Omega-3 enriched eggs. I will warn you, these don't look or taste like egg-farm eggs. They are very rich.

Here is my facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Red-Brick-Farm-Poultry-Division/316411849846?v=wall

• 3 weeks later...

When will we be back in town? We need eggs but will just pick them up at the store if you won't be back soon. :( I can pick up out in hilliard after work some day this week if that works for you?

On our way to the worthington market anyways. I love market season!

Im heading out there today as well

is worthington an indoor market?

So here's the thing, I was a little confused. There is an outdoor market at 161&23... I assume this is were Akula sells at. This is an outdoor market. I guess I'm not going there. We are going to some place called The Hills Market on 315 north of 270. It looks like it's indoor, but it looks like it 'just' a store, kind of like Whole Foods. So in short, I'm not sure if the outdoor market at 23&161 is open or not.

Yeah, I just had this conversation with the so because it's raining out.

When will we be back in town? We need eggs but will just pick them up at the store if you won't be back soon. :( I can pick up out in hilliard after work some day this week if that works for you?

On our way to the worthington market anyways. I love market season!

you can look on facebook under Red Brick Farm - Poultry Division

My wife is always home selling eggs.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just a small bump for Jason. I know he's traveling a fair bit for work right now, but I also know they are overrun with eggs right now, since the farm market they normally sell at is closed for the season. Best way to contact him is his FB page listed above.

We have been enjoying them for quite some time and love having someone local and on the west side.