Inexpensive Dog Training

RC K9

Does anybody on here need help with a dog? Do you have a dog that jumps on people all the time, pulls you on a leash, barks at everything? Want to teach your dog some basic obedience? A lot of the trainers in Columbus sell “packages” which is great if you have $900 to spend on an obedience package but I haven’t seen anyone that offers just one or two things. So basically either you have $900 or you get nothing. I am not a full time trainer as of yet, but am currently working towards doing that full time in the future and am trying to find a way to acquire the funds to get my Master Trainer Certification from National K9. A lot of people that do the in home problem solving/training lessons charge $100/hour. I need to get the practice so I am willing to charge far less than that and if I am not able to do the job in the time fram I give you, I will either continue on the job free of charge until it is complete or you don't have to pay me, the choice is up to you. I am not a “vendor” that has my own business per say, just a guy that loves dogs, and wants to do it full time in the future, so I am trying to get practice in with as many dogs and different breeds as possible. Let me know if you are interested and if you want a demo or something, I can bring my dog to show what I have taught him so you know I am not full of crap. I would put a price but that all greatly varies based on your dog and what you need him/her to learn. PM me if you are interested. Thanks for looking.

-Ryan Corlew

RyanCorlew@gmail.com

i have a few dogs that will train you..if you want the practice...lol

i emailed you back about your brakes btw...not sure if you got it

I didn't get the e-mail yet. Hope I put the right one in there.

Ryancorlew@gmail.com

Couple of dogs that will train me huh...what kind of dogs? Aggressive? Wild, high energy? You have me intrigued. Elaborate:p

Guest Removed
I didn't get the e-mail yet. Hope I put the right one in there.

Ryancorlew@gmail.com

Couple of dogs that will train me huh...what kind of dogs? Aggressive? Wild, high energy? You have me intrigued. Elaborate:p

yeah thats what i sent it too.

sent it back on the 10th..might want to check your spam box. we replied from gearheadzautomotive@gmail.com

160 cane corso stuck in humpty mode (dont touch his cat!)

120 mastiff mix that thinks she is queen (she does what she wants)

and a little russel terrier that bounces off the walls

Can you train cats?

sorry to jump this, but i have several trained cats running around :D

I have g-mail and I don't see a junkmail folder. Any chance you could resend it or you can PM me. Either was is fine with me.

Keep the cats. I am not a big fan. They keep mice out of my neighborhood so they are not that bad but I don't really ever want to own one.

Some beast dogs. (Yes, even the russel) Do you have anything in particular you want to accomplish with them? I am always up for a challenege and I guarantee the Jack Russel would be the toughest one of them all to train. Wirey little things. Like a kid on skittles and mountain dew. I am not cocky, there are things I don't have the ability to handle yet (which is why I am trying to get to the point I can attend National K9) but I am always up for a challenege/learning experience. Let me know.

-Ryan Corlew

Ryancorlew@gmail.com

Guest Removed

ok i'll have her resend it.(resent now)

he's not a jack russell. and at best he is a parson's Russel terrier and he is about 7 or 8 months old now. i would like them to listen as well as my cat/dogs do.(the cats come when you call them, the dogs do....... some times). i think most of brutus's issue's is he needs fixed. but teaching him some commands would be nice.

PM me your address and when you can get together. I will come out and see the dogs and talk with you about what you want. I don't charge for this. I do it for free. If you decide you want to do business, we agree on what will be done, the timeframe it should be done in, we go over the details, and if I can't deliver in that agreed time frame, we either end there and you don't pay me, or I continue to train until the dog is where you need it to be and I don't charge for the extra time. That way you don't feel screwed, and I don't get a bad wrap for not delivering. The next best review to a satisfied customer leaving good feedback for everyone to see is that I wasn't able to do the job up to you standard or the dog was too much of a challenge for me but I was honest and you didn't lose anything. Like I said before, i am not yet equipped to handle everything but I sure do appreciate an opportunity to try. Let me know.

-Ryan Corlew

ryancorlew@gmail.com

If you can train my dog to bring me a beer out of the fridge I will pay you $300.. and I am being serious

Some people may think that is a joke, but that request is not 100% impossible. I am actually working up to that with my dog. I have him getting my cell phone, tape, whatever off the floor or shelf for me. But this isn't a trick, it is a command. He has to do it, it's not a choice for him. The thing is though, getting a beer or anything like that is "retrieval" which is advanced training. That comes after all the basic obedience on and off leash are solid. It takes a LOT of time and training to get to that point where the dog does it right and consistently. I am cheap but can't do that for $300. If you want to do some obedience and work up to the point of advanced training where he will do that on command we can talk but I can't come in and have the dog getting beers reliably out of the fridge in a short amount of time.

Let me know if you want obedience or not though.

• 3 weeks later...

At 5 months old the dog is beyond puppy training or "puppy preschool" point. Puppy training should be between 8 weeks and 16 weeks; and the closer to 8 weeks the better. Definitely old enough to start actual obedience training, i.e commands. I actually just worked a 5 month old terrier mix who learned a LOT and caught onto the commands I taught her very quickly. I can start teaching the following on leash commands:

Heel

Sit

Heel with auto sit

Down at the side

Sit from down at the side

Sit and down from front

Sit in motion

Down in motion

Square off 90

and Come

In that order.

Assuming you as the owner/handler follow through with solidifying these commands and wants to advance to off leash training/obedience we can do that too. Leash and collar lay the foundation for off leash obedience. I have worked with dog's that some people on here own and I believe they can speak for me and my abilities, and as I stated above, if I can't have the dog trained on the commands we agree on in the time frame I say I can do it in, you don't pay me or I continue working with the dog until the dog does complete the commands satisfactorily and don't charge for the extra time. This makes it so the client doesn't feel ripped off and helps me maintain an honest rep.

I can also just work on behavior issues, i.e. jumping on people, excessive barking, etc.

Pricing all depends on the individual client/dog and how far you want to take it. I do free evaluations so if you are seriously interested, PM me and I will come out to your residence an meet you, the dog, other family members, give you a chance to meet me, and if you want you can see my dog so you know I am not full of crap.

Let me know.

-Ryan Corlew

Ryancorlew@gmail.com

I am still trying to convince my uncle he needs it so thats why i didnt return your pm on cdsm. But... THIS GUY IS NO JOKE. I sold him a 1g speedo and i was so impressed with his dogs. I was fucking scared to go in his house because they are BIG. But very friendly and so obedient. I couldnt get over how good they are. He would stop, and his dog would sit and wait to move. He didnt even say anything. They would just do it!

+1000 for Ryan!

Let me know when you need help tuning. lol

Hey thanks for the feedback man. Let me know if your uncle changes his mind. As for the tuning, I think I may be convinced to go the Speed Density route...we shall see.

-Ryan Corlew

How about a 12 year old beagle? he is currently waking up in the middle of the night and barking cause he is lonely cause his buddy just died a month ago, and he is chewing up the back door molding cause he wants inside all the time. can you in fact teach an old dog new tricks?

Yes you can teach an old dog new tricks. I never started obedience training my one dog until he was 3 1/2, I just did some training with a 3 year old pit mix the other week and he learned very well. 12 is obviously older than 3 but dogs are able to adapt. Obviously the older a dog is, the more effort is required but it can be done. If you want to get together to meet me and so I can meet you, your fam, and the dog and go over some things shoot me a PM or an e-mail and we can set something up. Thanks.

Ryan Corlew

ryancorlew@gmail.com

I am still trying to convince my uncle he needs it so thats why i didnt return your pm on cdsm. But... THIS GUY IS NO JOKE. I sold him a 1g speedo and i was so impressed with his dogs. I was fucking scared to go in his house because they are BIG. But very friendly and so obedient. I couldnt get over how good they are. He would stop, and his dog would sit and wait to move. He didnt even say anything. They would just do it!

+1000 for Ryan!

Let me know when you need help tuning. lol

He's an untrainable dufus. (Just like you James) But he would so be the perfect Garage dog. email me pats16valve@gmail.com