Newbie VFR from Newark

V4junkie

Greetings and Nihao everyone!

Found this site on a Clist link as I can never stop compulsively shopping for new bikes. Thought it would be useful to keep tabs on where the bikes might meet up or go on rides. My current ride is a 2003 VFR800 ABS, it's my first bike and I bought it May 08. I don't need anything faster but I catch myself daydreaming from time to time. Also it's comfortable for those long rides as I've done some 8-10hr days on it.

Here's the bike, it had to be repainted after I dropped it trying to take a 90 degree turn over a hill and didn't spot the gravel in time. (SE Ohio roads are amazing)

P1010002.jpg

Oh and I am a firm believer in ATGATT!

IMG_2077.jpg

Hope to ride with some of you as it warms up. Also will probably try to get into an ERC course this Spring. See ya!

:dj: <-----Oh and btw . . . AWESOME

Nice steed - I've never ridden a viffer, but always admired them.

Welcome.

I always said the same thing about SV's! We'll have to swap some time.

So far I've only ridden a few bikes in the year I've been riding.

Ninja 250 (learned on)

CB919

ZX11r

ZRX11

Vrod

Speed Triple

Monster

I've only ever owned this bike and riding others keeps me from compulsively selling mine to try something else!

I always said the same thing about SV's! We'll have to swap some time.

So far I've only ridden a few bikes in the year I've been riding.

Ninja 250 (learned on)

CB919

ZX11r

ZRX11

Vrod

Speed Triple

Monster

I've only ever owned this bike and riding others keeps me from compulsively selling mine to try something else!

Deal.

So after having all those, what's your favorite and why?

And, what's your review on the ZRX? I'm torn between a Z1000 and a ZRX for my next one.

Honestly the ZRX is the one I wanted to keep. It had exhaust, jet, and sprocket (-1 front maybe but I'm not sure). Not to mention the Kawi green has always been one of my favorite colors on a bike.

It's hard to say but it was an excellent all arounder. Good cornering ability, changed direction much like my friend's cb919, almost too easily compared to my VFR's heavy turn in. Very linear and deceptive power, it just pulls hard and is sewing machine smooth. I also liked the standard riding position, even with the flyscreen I think I could go on it all day. I'm going to ride that thing again the first chance I get.

I am ashamed to admit it but I also liked the anniversary Vrod. Comfortable and quite the head turner. However, in NC the pegs touched down WAY too early for my taste.

Honestly the ZRX is the one I wanted to keep. It had exhaust, jet, and sprocket (-1 front maybe but I'm not sure). Not to mention the Kawi green has always been one of my favorite colors on a bike.

It's hard to say but it was an excellent all arounder. Good cornering ability, changed direction much like my friend's cb919, almost too easily compared to my VFR's heavy turn in. Very linear and deceptive power, it just pulls hard and is sewing machine smooth. I also liked the standard riding position, even with the flyscreen I think I could go on it all day. I'm going to ride that thing again the first chance I get.

I am ashamed to admit it but I also liked the anniversary Vrod. Comfortable and quite the head turner. However, in NC the pegs touched down WAY too early for my taste.

ride with vroddave he'll show ya how to grind em down....

Oh and about the ZRX my main complaint is also the motor. It really didn't have any character in my opinion. It didn't rumble, bark, or do anything out of the ordinary. It just pulls hard everywhere in a very electric manner. I like bikes that talk back to you a bit. I still want one though.

Oh I should also add to this introduction:

My name is Joey, I'm 22 and I AIN'T NO SQUID! :p