Fuck working on cars.

SpaceGhost

replaced everything (Power steering pump, radiator, AC belt, Power steering/Alt belt, Oil, filter and all fluids) changed the timing belt, got it back together and it will not start. Now I have it apart again. Can't figure out why it will not start. All the timing marks are lined up.

I just spent 4 hours replacing my cracked front sway bar. Took off the passenger tie rod but the bolt got rusted on so I had to cut it. The drivers side was easy. Passenger side bolts were rusted to hell and I'm surprised I didn't break one of them. ugh.

Fuck that. Some people should just never do this shit, and I am one of them.

I have to agree. Sometime you have to know what you're good at and come to terms with what you're bad at. I'm a big picture kind of guy. I see and understand how things work in general but I'm not familiar with the details. Which is very bad when working on cars sense the smallest thing can create the biggest problems. Sure I’d like to be one of those guys that can build an engine from the block up and have it start the first time, but it’s just not me… Oh well, hopefully you get it fixed. You don’t have to be a great mechanic to enjoy cars.

She is done, had a small leak on the lower radiator hose, got under and tightened it up, sprayed the area out with water and the drove it to dry it up. Drove to work today and it is bone dry and no more sweet burning coolant smell. Runs just like it did before the hose got a hole in it. Other than a kid being born, and getting married, when it started was the 3rd best feeling I have had. :)

Accomplished this weekend:

Replaced Timing Belt

Replaced Power Steering Pump

Replaced all clamps on Power Steering lines

Replaced Radiator

Replaced coolant

Replaced Power Steering Fluid (ATF)

Changed Oil and Filter

Replaced AC Belt

Replaced Power Steering/Alternator Belt