Project Bolt On: My '01 3.8 V6 Mustang

KStang3.8

i've looked into it. don't really wanna go that route.

Meh. Your car your money.

You were looking for cheap bolt ons and this is a fairly substantial gain for a part that can be found damn cheap at your local U-Pull&Pay. It'll make your car FEEL a lot faster since it adds primarily torque and not horsepower, so your drive to work will be a little more enjoyable.

Anything in terms of bolt-ons you can probably do yourself by following one of the eleventy billion internet guides out there. I'd keep suspension stock if it's just a DD for you. Maybe lower it to give it a better look, but not too much to the point where you scrape on everything and plow the streets during the winter.

This is ur 2nd.. or 3rd thread like this gezz kid ask people on the v6 turd mustang forums

Do some research over there I'm sure all the info can be had there since they specalize in v6 shitstains.

Save ur money for something else because no matter what u do its still gonna be slow as balls an a waste of money to be able to beat ur rusted honda civic or a stock gt if ur lucky.

This is ur 2nd.. or 3rd thread like this gezz kid ask people on the v6 turd mustang forums

Do some research over there I'm sure all the info can be had there since they specalize in v6 shitstains.

Save ur money for something else because no matter what u do its still gonna be slow as balls an a waste of money to be able to beat ur rusted honda civic or a stock gt if ur lucky.

http://jtvhee1.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/hater_tots.jpeg

I've got a pos v6 mustang so I can be a hater. all that money spent ona turd that can't even beat a stock gt

Yeah the 3.8 is kind of a piece of shit until you boost the shit out of it.

The only good quality about those motors is they're pushrods that can handle stupid amounts of power when you build and boost them.

Oh and they're really easy to stroke into a 4.2, which is what most of the v6 fanatics do.

04SRTurbo. i think i know how you feel about my car from the past. you can quit munchin on the hater tots please.

i already ruled out NOS.

@Zipline: With the windstar intake, does it fit right on? like does my TB and CAI just fit right on there? or do i have to buy different parts for it too.

04SRTurbo. i think i know how you feel about my car from the past. you can quit munchin on the hater tots please.

i already ruled out NOS.

@Zipline: With the windstar intake, does it fit right on? like does my TB and CAI just fit right on there? or do i have to buy different parts for it too.

Ok first off quit being a ricer faggot an calling it nosssssss. Its nitrous .

An 2nd off not being a hater just being realistic a v6 shitstain is not a. Good platformto mod. Just keep the pos stock an save for a car worth modding. Ur just wastin money on parts that will keep the car a turd

k, my car is a turd. i don't expect it to be lightning fast. i never said its gonna beat a bunch of cars.

please stop spamming my thread.

@Zipline/anyone who knows

"With the windstar intake, does it fit right on? like does my TB and CAI just fit right on there? or do i have to buy different parts for it too.

this makes me think i need a bunch of shit, just not a part from the junkyard:

http://vapauto.com/windstar.htm

even though thats 400, would you recommend doing that?"

Guest Removed
also would i need a dyno tune for this? i have a tuner, and free tunes for life from American Muscle, would that cover it?

mail order tunes you change in your email, is not a proper tune IMO...may get close, but not close enough.

emailed steven the guy who makes em and he said it doesn't need a tune at all. i'm going with the windstar intake kit from VAP Auto and the Steeda Underdrive Pulleys.

thanks for all your advice/help gearhead. i'll be giving you a call in a month or two once i have everything.

Sounds like the OP has a 5 year plan and wants to spend $100 here, $300 here over the next couple years to keep his DD interesting. Fair enough in my book.

Go buy the damn windstar intake. More power than the gasket, and cheaper. And when you pop the hood you've got something to show for, hell paint it red or something make the car even faster.

If pulleys are cheap, why not. Sounds like you need to get on the V6 mustang board and start trolling the for sale section. I wouldn't spend more than $100 on pulleys because they just don't add that much to the car. For like $100, 3-5hp isn't bad, and they look pretty, but like $300-$400 for pulleys is a waste.

That is my opinion.

Lower it too, mustangs ride higher than my F250.

What i'm going to say is ridiculous, but, if i didn't spend the money on my car it'd get spent on my girlfriend. going on all kinds of dates at fancy restaurants and stuff. plus like FyrhzrdGT said, i wanna spice up the daily drive. I like weaving in and out of traffic every day on broad street. i like showing off to my friends.

I'm putting 35% of everything i make from now on into an account for a car. over the next 4 years i should save up 10,000 into my car account, add selling my current car to that, take out a couple thousand dollar loan if necessary and i've got myself a sweet ride. so i'm not worried about saving for the next car.

@boosted98, ya, even the GT of my year is pretty slow for a V8 "muscle car." But like i said, for now, i wanna spice up the Daily Drive a little.

I know i'm doing the windstar, i'll have to see if i can get a better price than 300 for the UDP. that seems a waste. maybe i'll lower it as you say.

Buying parts new for a car this old is pretty silly.

Piece the windstar kit together IMO. Call the guy up and see if he'll sell you the angled TB spacer and the rest of the kit for a reduced price, then go get the intake yourself and save a bunch of money.

Buy the pulleys used. Its not like pullies go bad.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com

http://www.3.8mustang.com

http://www.mustangcollective.com

http://www.v6power.net

Hell, get on Craigslist both locally and an hour or two away. If you can save $50-$100 on the part buying it on c-list it's probably worth driving 2 hours to get it.

I was talking to my 3.8 friend and he said not to get the TB. He put it this way, "The stock one flows plenty, those are for boosted applications primarily." Companies put up testimonials that sell product. That's why you see such wonderful things being said about the TB in the testimonial, but everyone who's not affiliated with the sale says don't buy it.

Idk what the alumium driveshaft situation for your car is like but I'd get one if you can get one for cheap. Those reduce rotational mass by a lot (frees up horsepower and torque) and are much stronger and more stable than the stock one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-98-Ford-Windstar-3-8-Upper-intake-manifold_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4a9f06f905QQitemZ320495614213QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

$60, I don't know if you need the lower intake or not, but you can find that on the bay for $45 too. Or go to a pull and pay and probably pay $50 for all of it.

Yeah its your car do what you want, if your going to wait a while to get a new car and want some power why not just turbo charge the v6? with the money your wanting to drop into that with just bs bolt on stuff just get to the point and cram air into the engine. Im sure you could peice together a nice turbo kit over time, shit even non bb turbos have come down in price so much the past years. Good luck

@boosted: thanks. I'm looking to spend no more than a grand counting installation, so even if i found turbo parts cheap it still end up costing more than i want to put into this car. i have thought alot about doing that in the past though.

@Zipline and Fyrhzrd: the kit from VAP Auto is only 350 once i send in my TB. he has everything put together so nicely including gaskets and all the proper length bolts and great install instructions. The other parts besides the intake itself would cost me 235 from him. then 60 for that intake would be 295. I'm willing to pay $50 for convenience and customer service and to know i'm getting exactly what i need and that all the parts will be high quality and everything.

I'm either not gonna get the pulleys, or find some used for a better price on a V6 forum like you suggested. paying more than $100 for like 5hp isn't worth it.