Anybody want a V6 mustang? No?

Science Abuse

You mean the one that was heavier and slower? Ford patched that IRS together and half-assed it, then tried to charge a premium for it. Of course it was gong to flop.

Actually, they started that on in 1989:

http://www.tccoa.com/gallery/exhaust/b8.jpg

Mine works great. ;) They did cobble it into the mustang quickly, though. The second cobra IRS was stronger and heavier... because they were trying to pander it toward drag racers.

People who like turning don't buy Mustangs, they buy other cars. Ford stopped marketing to them... and it seems to be working for them. In a racing application, the rear suspension doesn't move much anyways, so you're only missing out the ability to tweak camber.

Yes, it was. :p

:asshole:

In other news:

The live axle is being kept out of Mustangs because people don't like it in their Mustangs.

Are they just having knee jerk reactions about the issue without thinking about it? Yes. But in the end it's the reason Ford doesn't put IRS in Mustangs, and probably never will. People hated it when they did and they sell better without them. It's all economy.

my sc had an IRS...wheel hoppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

both of there advantages. like he said. people who really want to through a car through the corners don't go out and buy just a mustang for that. mustangs have always been a straight line car in my opinion.

:asshole:

In other news:

The live axle is being kept out of Mustangs because people don't like it in their Mustangs.

I loved the IRS, but I'm not most people.

My last car was an IRS swapped 99 GT. The IRS improved the ride quality quite a bit and made the back end of the car much more predictable. With some minor upgrades I never had wheel hop at all, but I only put down about 250-260hp.

The 2011 is a dramatically better looking car than even the 2010. My only beef is that it's still going to be a fat, heavy pig...and the front grilles are ugggggly cheap-looking black plastic crapscreens. Aftermarket grilles for sure!

Guest Removed
10,000 miles between oil changes?

see bottom of this post

Car dealers are starting to recognize it isn't 1960 anymore and recommend more realistic intervals.

umm no. just wait! if your at the dealer long enough, you'll see sludge in the ones following that crap

They'll learn their lesson with that like everyone else.

exactly. every one raised them to a stupid level, and they all got sludge. and the only real reason was to lower maintenance costs. the high interval's were meant for full synthetic oils, not the normal stuff, but it still bakes in and sludges up. still wouldnt go past 7,500 of full synthetic. unless it maybe amsoil.

[quote=Gearhead;1141029

exactly. every one raised them to a stupid level, and they all got sludge. and the only real reason was to lower maintenance costs. the high interval's were meant for full synthetic oils, not the normal stuff, but it still bakes in and sludges up. still wouldnt go past 7,500 of full synthetic. unless it maybe amsoil.

Dude think; why would they recommend something that slowly damages the engine?

So the cars don't last much past their warranty periods. They want the cars to break down *eventually* so that people will buy new ones.