Dead battery

jessecwalters

So, my battery on my bike is dead, so I was thinking about jumping it instead of buying a new battery. Any suggestions? I know if i use a car battery, not to start the car cuz it will mess up the battery, but i Have a portable jumper that is like 400 amps or sumthing. opinions? Thanks

If you have a battery charger, not a tender, you should charge the battery. If the battery is any good it should charge up quickly.

If you have a charged battery then you won't have to worry about stalling and not being able to restart half way to your destination.

Good Luck

Probably depends on how dead the battery is if you can push start a fuel injected bike.

yep, if it has enough juice to hear that fuel pump when you turn on the key, it will push start.

Except those katana's are cold natured..... good luck !:p

Alright, thanks for all the info you guys. I started it with my wifes car, and rode it for about 30-40 minutes to charge it. That was the point of this trip, Next week is when Im bringing up to columbus so hopefully it will start again next week with out having to jump it again. But I dont think its FI

Yea i knew not to start the car. I dont want to mess other things up. And im driving an hour to my house because its at my brothers house, and hes moving so it has to be gone next weekend, so Im bringing to my house.

Trailers. They work wonders;)

Voltage is voltage. an average car batter is charged at 13.8 volts from the alternator. You jumped it from a battery that was probably better than 13 volts.

I say prove it, Urban legend I say. But it is your bike, do as you see best.

They only charging system I have ever heard of getting fried was an idiot I tried to jump in a pontiac G6......I asked if he knew how to hook up his end. He assured me he did. I hooked up my side an the truck really loaded down and almost stalled. looked over and he had his side hooked up back wards. got it jumped but fried his alternator.

Wives tails.

Just curious, why don't you just unhook the battery that way it won't drain. A dead battery will freeze and explode, spilling acid all over the bike.

I dont live down there, but i didnt think of that. But it hadnt been dead long, Maybe like 2 or so weeks, If it had been longer I wouldve bought a new battery probably.

And yea i was thinking about getting a trailer, but the problem is me and my wife only have small cars that are not capable of towing anything, so. Plus renting things cost extra money so. But its not that cold out so Im not worried