DJ aka Orion's mother has passed

Casper

DJ's mother has passed, and he asked me to make this post. He'd like his friends to come to the visitation and/or funeral. Please send your thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

Visitation is 2:00PM to 4:00PM, Monday, Mar 22 at Dwayne R. Spence Funeral in Canal Winchester. The funeral service will follow at 4:00PM.

http://www.spencefuneralhome.com

Lauralee Bass, age 61, of Groveport, Ohio passed away Thursday March 18, 2010 at the OSU James Cancer Hospital, Columbus. Born August 10, 1948 in Columbus, Ohio to the late Everett W. and Laura Z. (Watson) Nicholson, also preceded in death by sister Nancy Price and aunt Mary Cook. She was a Homemaker, and a talented artist who loved animals and nature. A 1966 graduate of Columbus Eastmoor High School, and BS degree in Fine Arts from Ohio University. Member of Eastpointe Christian Church, OES, and Heart of Ohio Toll (HOOT). Survived by son Jerrad Bass, Groveport; brother Kenneth C. “Nick” (Connie) Nicholson, Richwood, OH; former husband Darryl Bass, Columbus; brothers and sisters-in-law, nieces, nephews and many dear friends.

Friends may visit Monday from 2-4 p.m. at the DWAYNE R. SPENCE FUNERAL HOME & CREMATORY, 650 W. Waterloo St., Canal Winchester, Ohio 43110 where funeral service will follow at 4 p.m. Pastor Bud Leskovac officiating.

Donations may be made to the Defenders of Wildlife (http://www.defenders.org) in her memory.

Sorry to hear DJ. I had only met her a handful of times while servicing her car, but she was always as nice as could be...wow.

From Des (Derek's wife): My condolences as well. I remember one night when Derek was looking at her car she stayed inside and talked to me. Super nice lady, and she loved our wall color in the hallway. Keep your chin up.

Guys,

Thank you very much for the well wishes. They are greatly appreciated. Not sure if the website says it or not, but if you would like to make a donation to Defenders of Wildlife (defenders.org) in the name of my mother, it would be the perfect tribute to her memory. I want to extend the invitation to her services to anyone who would like to come. Some of you knew her, most did not, but if you are a friend of mine then you would honor us with your presence. There will be a reception after the services at our condo association community house. Thanks again, CR.