I need a new monitor

justinwebb

so i am looking to get a new pc monitor and looking to get the best bang for my buck. Will be for gaming and looking to get at least a 24 or bigger lol. I have an oldschool crt so i am not well informed on whats good and what isnt. Looking to buy locally also just due to stuck pixels and what not. So any suggestions??? saw a few i liked at microcenter but most were sold out lol

i just know acer makes pc's and wasnt sure about their monitors, i also looked at a 24" viewsonic they have made crt's forever. Also looked at an HP for $299 25" . Would 5ms response time be good enough for games? or should i go with 2ms

Get the hans 28". You won't find a better bang for your buck. Get it from newegg though.

:)

I just picked up a Asus 24" for work, and it looks great and they are cheap cheap cheap.

If you really want to rock, pick this up:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005115

It's hardly ever in stock, and an INCREDIBLE deal for what you get, once I'm done with this coming round of car mods/maintenance that will be on my wish list next.

i just know acer makes pc's and wasnt sure about their monitors, i also looked at a 24" viewsonic they have made crt's forever. Also looked at an HP for $299 25" . Would 5ms response time be good enough for games? or should i go with 2ms

I'm gonna say from a professionals point of view that Acer makes very nice monitors. I have 2 19" ones that I use in my wedding photography business and out of the box they were nearly perfectly calibrated and both are balanced well to each other. Also ZERO hot or dead pixels.

Being that I use them professionally I check them with color charts and can say that after initial calibration I haven't had to touch them in almost 1 year.

I play FPS and other games as well and notice no bad effects.

Micro Center has 23" widescreen ACER monitors right now for $170. They haven't gotten the best online reviews though. The model they are selling is X233H if you want to do your own research.

i have thie exact monitor. love it. it sits next to a 22" acer. which i also enjoy.

5ms response time is the norm. dont let them conn you into getting anything faster than that.

I got this one or maybe the previous version for $180. It goes on sale often. Or it did a couple of months ago anyway.

ST2410 24” Full HD Widescreen Monitor

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-1070

I have it in front of the treadmill for XBOX games or movies. Works fine and has the HDMI, VGA and DVI. I used the audio out with headphones or 3.1 PC speakers.

I've been using a 30" for a few years now and love it. Pricey...but well wroth it. Not much of a gamer but for editing photos, it's kick ass.

http://www.mayamania.es/images/grande/Apple_Cinema_Display_30-2.jpg