Game Works Closing

CJINOHIO03

I agree with you 100% I hate Easton as it is, and not surprised to see it going. I give the "mall" portion of Easton 2 more years and it will be completely empty. Welcome back Eastland...

Seriously? I was just in there within the past week and there were a couple new stores going in. Gameworks leaving has nothing to do with the mall itself. Always seems to be a pretty good sized crowd. The day before V-day I was driving to work on 270 and the line for the easton exit was backed way up onto the highway, it was like that on black friday too. While yes it can be ghetto at times I don't really see it going anywhere.

Seriously? I was just in there within the past week and there were a couple new stores going in. Gameworks leaving has nothing to do with the mall itself. Always seems to be a pretty good sized crowd. The day before V-day I was driving to work on 270 and the line for the easton exit was backed way up onto the highway, it was like that on black friday too. While yes it can be ghetto at times I don't really see it going anywhere.

STFU NEWB

Yeah I am super cereal. A couple busy days are not going to save that place. A co-worker of mine, her husband just left the management company that runs Easton. Most of the shops are on the verge of being kicked out because of non-payment of rent. Unless someone drops a lot more big money into the place, I really do only give the mall section 2 more years. But I am sure Les Wexer will come to the rescue again. His wife needs an upscale place to spend their money...

Polaris, Easton and Tuttle all closed their respective *Land Malls.

Something will put them out eventually as well. I doubt Les will let Easton die this soon though...

KillJoy

I was telling someone that a new mall would open up somewhere east of New Albany here in 10 years or so and it would kill Easton. They called me a retard.

Polaris, Easton and Tuttle all closed their respective *Land Malls.

Something will put them out eventually as well. I doubt Les will let Easton die this soon though...

The concept of Easton as on open outdoor mall was dated when it opened. The internet, economy and real estate market have forever changed the concept of malls.

you fail at understanding greater than and less than.

mmmm...ok. thanks for pointing that out. the food sucks at both. the only reason to go is to play games and drink...D&B has crap games and they both serve alcohol. D&B may have a little less trash that goes in, but it still gets its fair share.

Oh well, I agree GW has better games and DB has better food, etc. Looks like I need to go empty my card at GW before they close.

Nevermind. Just read the article. Looks like it's closed already. However, they seem to think that the mall is going to conitnue to receive business, I guess. Screw it. Arcades stopped being what they were quite a few years ago. I miss the glory days of the arcade.

“GameWorks closed its doors today. We understand this decision was part of a national process by Sega, the parent company. We know this was one of the best-performing locations. Easton is fortunate to have a waiting list of tenants who want to enter the center. In fact, we are adding ten new tenants this year and expanding a dozen more. We are currently evaluating tenants to replace GameWorks but have nothing to announce at this time.”