Best 1990's quarter to three quarter ton truck?

TN94Z28

with that price range, its going to be easiest to find a chevy in terms of diesels...if youre looking for a gas truck, thats another story

i had a 94 f150 with a 5.0... 150k and it ran like a champ

the straight sixes are known to be bulletproof also...heres one a bit above your price range, but you might be able to haggle

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1660185459.html

nice truck jus not wantin a 6 cyl. a lil to much $ and quite a few more miles than i want for a '96

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you kno bout how much u can get a cummins engine for? since yours is pretty much the favorited choice

if your talking about just a motor um a 12 valve all depends on how patient you are i sold 1 a wile back for 1k with the p7100 pump and all the stuff on it but the starter and alt

i got a hole truck that was wrecked for 2600 to switch mine over to 5 speed

Guest Removed
nice truck jus not wantin a 6 cyl. a lil to much $ and quite a few more miles than i want for a '96

but it will out live any chevy you can buy.

the 300/l6 was known to run with diesels as far as mileage goes

Guest tbutera2112

yea...not sure why the I6 hate lol....its only 2 cubes difference in that and the 5.0...and itll probably live twice as long!

my girls dad has a 95 2wd f150 with an I6 and 170k miles and he BEATS it to death and its a champ.... he regularly tows a 6k lb trackho on a steel trailer all over town...and he just pulled a 3 axle steel trailer with a 8k lb truck on it all the way across town without a hiccup....those trucks are tough

but it will out live any chevy you can buy.

the 300/l6 was known to run with diesels as far as mileage goes

there are chevy 350's from 90's with millions of miles and still runnin so not sure bout the out living part

Guest Removed
there are chevy 350's from 90's with millions of miles and still runnin so not sure bout the out living part

maybe after there 7th motor....and 12th trans.

funny how the top selling trucks thru the 90's was mostly ford's

maybe after there 7th motor....and 12th trans.

funny how the top selling trucks thru the 90's was mostly ford's

lets try original motor and its harder to find a nice used chevy cause nobody wants to sell theirs unless they want to buy a cummins

actually...on CL all i was seeing was chevys in this guys price range....very very small selection of ford or dodge diesels

well ive found tons of 7.3's and 5.9's and we're tlkin gas not diesel

i think i found the one callin tomorrow mornin

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1671056662.html

Very nice truck. There was a nice Chevy 1500 V8 stepside on craigslist for pretty cheap a couple weeks ago, although I think it was a 2wd. I also recall seeing a nice 90's Chevy or GMC 6.5 turbo diesel for a great price. The one in the ad you posted looks pretty sweet though

Very nice truck. There was a nice Chevy 1500 V8 stepside on craigslist for pretty cheap a couple weeks ago, although I think it was a 2wd. I also recall seeing a nice 90's Chevy or GMC 6.5 turbo diesel for a great price. The one in the ad you posted looks pretty sweet though

i seen the 6.5 it was 2wd though

Guest Removed
lets try original motor and its harder to find a nice used chevy cause nobody wants to sell theirs unless they want to buy a cummins

am 17 yrs old

no wonder you know nothing.... you put that many miles on one your damn self, then get back to me on that!

actually...on CL all i was seeing was chevys in this guys price range....very very small selection of ford or dodge diesels

causethey are fucking junk. fords and dodges are work trucks...but you know this

Guest tbutera2112

my girls dad has a straight 6 f150... i swear its the toughest f150 ever...he pulls around his kobelco with it, and here was last weeks endeavor.... im pretty sure the trailer alone was about the weight limit...let alone the massive ass truck...truck was so heavy his kobelco couldnt even pick the back of it up, but it picked up the exploder he had like it was nothing lol

another chevy off to the shredder

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/0327101659a.jpg

no wonder you know nothing.... you put that many miles on one your damn self, then get back to me on that!

causethey are fucking junk. fords and dodges are work trucks...but you know this

well i aint lookin for a work truck im lookin for a DD not a POS W/T. now if i did want a POS W/T then ill go buy a ford. but i kno people with 6.4's and 7.3's and so far they have proved to be useless except for the King Ranch bein nice on the interior

Guest Removed
well i aint lookin for a work truck im lookin for a DD not a POS W/T. now if i did want a POS W/T then ill go buy a ford. but i kno people with 6.4's and 7.3's and so far they have proved to be useless except for the King Ranch bein nice on the interior

yeah... i'd rather drive my work truck daily like i have been for years, then have a daily broken shitvy in the drive way. :bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:

yeah... i'd rather drive my work truck daily like i have been for years, then have a daily broken shitvy in the drive way. :bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:

none of my "shitvys" ( very uncreative) have been broken down in the drive way yet and at house we have 5 and a 2002 F250 isnt exactly an old work type truck