Best 1990's quarter to three quarter ton truck?

TN94Z28

^ lol you must not have ever seen his truck...its definately a work truck, it actually gets used as a truck

i gota truck to use as a truck and its the definition of POS but it aint never quit and its not a chevy ford or dodge

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
none of my "shitvys" ( very uncreative) have been broken down in the drive way yet and at house we have 5 and a 2002 F250 isnt exactly an old work type truck

funny how i see well takin care of ford trucks running 200k plus all the time.

considering i have owned ford trucks older then you, and that have worked harder in a day, then you can in a month...speaks alot.

of course there not in your driveway, there still on the side of the road where they died ....hence why your looking for another..the ford's atleast made it home.

Guest Removed
^ lol you must not have ever seen his truck...its definately a work truck, it actually gets used as a truck

and a device to piss off ricers on the freeway aswell :D

Guest Removed
now i do like doin tht in my cousin's Duramax :)

damn if you arent 17....every thing you know is someone elses....

C.E.A.P.S., tyler would like to buy a vowel.... can we get him an A?

Guest Removed
everything i know is someone elses? and you know youd rather be 17 than 31 any day of the week

:lol: now we know your retarded..at 31 i'd run circles around most any 17 year old. so try again.

Guest Removed
youre gona run circles around somebody who runs from law enforcement every other day? ive got my doubts

i highly doubt your in law enforcement..you can barely spell.....

and let me rephrase that...I'll work circles around your ass any day you want to try.

well i aint lookin for a work truck im lookin for a DD not a POS W/T. now if i did want a POS W/T then ill go buy a ford. but i kno people with 6.4's and 7.3's and so far they have proved to be useless except for the King Ranch bein nice on the interior

first i heard of 7.3s being useless but what do i know my truck gets 24mpg empty and 20 pulling a load thru the hills of wv

find a ford or chevy with a blown motor & put a cummins in it. they make adapter plates to use the stock trans that came in thows trucks

i just dont like dodge's suspenshion set up

I agree with this suggestion, especially after considering doing this with my 3/4 ton Chevy and opting to build a 496 gas motor thinking it would be less work. Turns out that it was just as much work.

I'd look to the Southern US for a 3/4 ton with no rust. High miles or blown motor/trans. Make sure it's a 3/4 ton with the Hydroboost braking system to save you additional expense and work. Have it hauled up to Ohio and then find a totaled or rusted out 12v Cummins powered Dodge for cheap.

I would not bother with a 1/2 ton if doing this swap. In fact, I would not bother with a 1/2 ton truck unless I was building it to be a sport truck and never haul or tow much of anything.

FWIW, from my research doing a Cummins swap into a 4x4 GM requires a body lift since the Cummins is so tall. You can find the trans adapter in the junk yard under a FedEx truck if I remember correctly.

(EDIT)-I got in late on this thread and only read page one before posting....now I read the entire thread and saw what happened here. http://smiliesftw.com/x/r3es9w4yrz7vplaj5wk2.gif

I agree with this suggestion, especially after considering doing this with my 3/4 ton Chevy and opting to build a 496 gas motor thinking it would be less work. Turns out that it was just as much work.

I'd look to the Southern US for a 3/4 ton with no rust. High miles or blown motor/trans. Make sure it's a 3/4 ton with the Hydroboost braking system to save you additional expense and work. Have it hauled up to Ohio and then find a totaled or rusted out 12v Cummins powered Dodge for cheap.

I would not bother with a 1/2 ton if doing this swap. In fact, I would not bother with a 1/2 ton truck unless I was building it to be a sport truck and never haul or tow much of anything.

FWIW, from my research doing a Cummins swap into a 4x4 GM requires a body lift since the Cummins is so tall. You can find the trans adapter in the junk yard under a FedEx truck if I remember correctly.

(EDIT)-I got in late on this thread and only read page one before posting....now I read the entire thread and saw what happened here. http://smiliesftw.com/x/r3es9w4yrz7vplaj5wk2.gif

thanks for the tip and i agree with the edit :thumbdown: