Just picked up a new tool box.

6 Speed S4

Guest tbutera2112
but lowes and the other places dont show up at your shop/ house every week and warranty out any broken stuff...cant tell you how many time's i have had my drawer sliders for my old snappy box warrantied out. and they knew i was over loading it and still took care of it.

lol you also got a crackhead price on your box....you lucked out

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
Yeah I agree. Thats why I decided to get a top of the line name brand (snap-on, mac, matco) I would have to bring my old box back to sears if I wanted something warrantied.

yeah, and after being told to piss up a rope by several people, making angry phones calls and so on, you might get it fixed...

been there done that

lol you also got a crackhead price on your box....you lucked out

whats wrong with that? hell i got mine for 5k with tools still in it. after it was all said and done, i have 2k in it after selling off the tools i didnt need, and the old boxs.

Picked this up several months ago and love it! Bought it used, owner never used it came with the liners and handle still in the box. Filled up a lot quicker then I thought, I may need to buy a top soon!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/hiitsmejimmy/BiMmZ3B2kKGrHqIOKjEsmuDfHOBLNn7zEhg.jpg

That looks very similar to the Snap-On box I started with (drawers are reversed right and left). And yeah, it filled up faster than I though. Last summer I got a mid and top box for it.

Joe, I have the old style of your box. Mine does not have the second full length drawer. I paid $3700 for mine loaded w/ a mix of everything, but the important stuff was Snap-on. Mine is dark blue.

Oh nice. You buy yours used? I couldn't believe I filled mine up already with tools. might need a top box or a side storage for mine.

The guys that think it's a waste of money don't make money with tools .. Except Kevin but maybe he's just a bad ass and uses vise grips for everything...

I have box envy I have a small craftsman and it is full I want a bigger one

I feel like these are status symbols that translate to your self-perception of worth as a mechanic; A subtle nudge to your peers that says: hey, I'm better than you. Where I rock a Panerai watch or the wife sports the Epi Leather, we justify it to ourselves by saying "the quality is better" and some such nonsense, knowing a cardboard box or a swatch will serve nearly as well... all the while, deep down, knowing that we hope other people will notice and adjust their perception of us accordingly.

That being said...

this is my box http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/cwash77/camaro245.jpg

win.

yeah i am on the fence on this, i realize the quality and such, but still hate that they are so expensive. I think my wrenching for work days are done and might just build a permanent workbench with nice roller drawers someplace

Guest Removed
I feel like these are status symbols that translate to your self-perception of worth as a mechanic; A subtle nudge to your peers that says: hey, I'm better than you. Where I rock a Panerai watch or the wife sports the Epi Leather, we justify it to ourselves by saying "the quality is better" and some such nonsense, knowing a cardboard box or a swatch will serve nearly as well... all the while, deep down, knowing that we hope other people will notice and adjust their perception of us accordingly.

That being said...

win.

pretty much...

what i was wanting to get (still might)

http://static.racingjunk.com/63/ui/3/36/14950363-084-matco-4-bank-tool-box-very-big-box.jpg

what i would love to have

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/Toolbox.jpg