FHA loan question

russian rocket

hey if anyone on here knows a lot of about FHA standards i need your help please.

i just had my FHA appraisal today and the only things he mentioned to the Realtor was that there was a slight drip out of the half bathroom faucet AND the front porch has a little bit of peeling paint. now the house was built before 1978 but i am kind of confused by the FHA standards.

this are their standards

Examples of property conditions that may represent a risk to the health and safety of the

occupants or the soundness of the property for which FHA will continue to require automatic repair

for existing properties include, but are not limited to:

• Inadequate access/egress from bedrooms to exterior of home

• Leaking or worn out roofs (if 3 or more layers of shingles on leaking or worn out roof, all

existing shingles must be removed before re-roofing)

• Evidence of structural problems (such as foundation damage caused by excessive

settlement)

• Defective paint surfaces in homes constructed pre-1978

• Defective exterior paint surfaces in home constructed post-1978 where the finish is

otherwise unprotected.

now what confuses me is that it says "Defective paint surfaces in homes constructed pre-1978"

and this is obviously an outside porch that i am talking about.

they are specific about the last point where it says "Defective exterior paint surfaces in home constructed post-1978 where the finish is

otherwise unprotected"

so do i have much to worry about with them wanting me to fix it before the loan is approved or do you guys think im in the clear?

i doubt they'll make an issue out of cosmetic paint. structure, roof, heat, water i beleive are the main things they require

That's what I'm hoping for but the way my Realtor made it seem about peeling paint has me a bit concerned. I just hope outside peeling paint is no big deal.

peeling paint could be water damage

well the only place he said he saw it was on the front porch, all the front porch consists of is 3 feet of wood railing, the porch itself is concrete.

even then i looked at that house over a dozen times and never saw any peeling paint.

i kind of question the validity of this appraiser because he called my Realtor and told her that he was going to have a hard time doing comps for this house because it was the only 2 bed room house in the sub division...........its a 3 bed room house with all the bed rooms right next to each other........:confused: