Black is Beautiful...

TTQ B4U

but it's a bitch and a half to spring detail on a van that has so many square feet of paint tend to. Especially hard after a after a winter of crap and nearly 18 months since Andy worked his wonders on it.

Thanks to Todd and Andy for all the tips an product information. The Koreans have some tough paint on there. I probably could have used a bit more pressure, but I got about 90+ % of the swirls and spiders out.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/123489992/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/123489991/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/123490018/original.jpg

true. i got a buddy who details and said hyundai actually has decent paint. i just saw a commercial in the last couple days that said the sonata had better paint than an S series benz (i'd have to look up the commercial to more accurately quote it)

They need to learn how to blend then. Dont blame it on the mills of paint.

Looks good Tim!

Thanks man! Like I said, I think the paint seems pretty good. I'm no expert but I leaned into it pretty good with the buffer and took out 1-2 pretty deep marks with out issue. I know if I leaned into my previous Honda or even my Mazda that much I'd have an issue.

wanna race the mini van? im sure wee could hussle a few with it

:D She does scoot for a van. Corners like a bowl of jello though :o Especially after driving my MS3, the difference is very scary feeling.

As I was cleaning it up I thought about the potential of a supercharger or turbo being bolted to it :cool:

Embarrasing note....the van has manual shifting ability (tapshift style) Cool for going up hills or even from a dig as you make a turn as the 5spd auto tends to shift way too early.

So I'm driving it one day last week, manually shifting from 1st to 2nd as I like to hold it a bit longer. I make a turn and a guy comes flying up on me...so I hammer it and as I approach the shift point, my brain farts and I hit the clutch...........ie brake pedal :o

Let's just say I brake checked him like I never meant to do :( However, once I recovered from my brain dump, he faded. Another :o just because it was funny as hell after the fact.

Thanks man! Like I said, I think the paint seems pretty good. I'm no expert but I leaned into it pretty good with the buffer and took out 1-2 pretty deep marks with out issue. I know if I leaned into my previous Honda or even my Mazda that much I'd have an issue.

By all means, lean into it then! ;)

i want a mazda5 and i want to do stuff to it....so it can be fast and haul some kids!

Don't do it. Get something bigger right away as you'll need the room. Trust me. We had an MPV initially then graduated to an Oddessy and then this one which is the same size.

Again, go bigger. The 5 is so dang small and underpowered, you'd have to do an engine swap to make worth a darn and by then you're better off with something else.

Don't do it. Get something bigger right away as you'll need the room. Trust me. We had an MPV initially then graduated to an Oddessy and then this one which is the same size.

Again, go bigger. The 5 is so dang small and underpowered, you'd have to do an engine swap to make worth a darn and by then you're better off with something else.

i don't need anything terribly fast...i drive like a grandma...hehe

i don't think i'll ever get a 5...i just got a new nissan versa hb...it has a bigger back seat than our 3

....and i will hopefully be stopping at two kids *knock on wood* so i shouldn't need more space...i love little cars

if i did get a bigger car, i'd love to have a ford freestyle awd...i drove one and i loved the way it drove (it's big, but handled like a car)