BUILDING A LSX MOTOR?

STEVE-O

Guess I won't look for much more than 400rwhp na, sucks the auto takes so much away.

If people are making 400rwhp with just a cam and bolt-ons, how much of a gain would be seen with the stg 2.5 5.3l heads or the l92 heads from TSP/PRC?

stage 2.5 5.3 heads are a waste. If you are going to get heads spend the money and buy trickflows or ETPs or you can but my ported ls6 heads when I upgrade :) ported L92s are a good head for the money and with the right combination can make over 500rwhp NA.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't need an iron block just get a ls3 block. I hate all the new parts that keep coming out because you and I are now both in the same situation we have to rebuy/upgrade aftermarket parts to make more power.

The truth is I'm going to keep debating on what block I want until my block gives. And you speak the truth about parts!!! They now have better heads, high flow manifolds, etc etc etc. If I had then what people have now I would have paid less and made 50 more to the wheels.

stage 2.5 5.3 heads are a waste. If you are going to get heads spend the money and buy trickflows or ETPs or you can but my ported ls6 heads when I upgrade :) ported L92s are a good head for the money and with the right combination can make over 500rwhp NA.

Put me on the list for teh ported ls6 heads...what cam would be good for a daily driver/fun street car? PM me when you're thinking this might be possible...:D

it sucks because i already broke the tranny, output shaft went on my 6th pass. best pass before it broke was 11.96 @120.66

you should ask steve if he wants to sell the faceplated tranny in his car...so he can put another 400 in his lol..btw did you ever figure out the 86 ??

you should ask steve if he wants to sell the faceplated tranny in his car...so he can put another 400 in his lol

I would but they are different. mine mounts in the rear and the case is a whole lot different

Put me on the list for teh ported ls6 heads...what cam would be good for a daily driver/fun street car? PM me when you're thinking this might be possible...:D

I daily drove my car with the MS3 for awhile. It might be to much for sum but, I loved it. It won't be until the fall/winter until I upgrade the heads.

Here is the thing with your budget 400rwhp is easy. If you want to make another 50 wheel NA plan on spending another $2-3K

I daily drove my car with the MS3 for awhile. It might be to much for sum but, I loved it. It won't be until the fall/winter until I upgrade the heads.

Here is the thing with your budget 400rwhp is easy. If you want to make another 50 wheel NA plan on spending another $2-3K

Late fall/winter works great with me, gives me time to save up the monies...

But fuck spending another $2-$3k for 50whp. I'd rather just leave it as is or drop a G on nitrous and get another 100-150 whenever needed.

So are you saying that heads aren't really necessary? I mean I know you can make 400whp w/ out heads, just cam and bolt-ons.

So is the trade off cost for power gains not worth it for heads?

Late fall/winter works great with me, gives me time to save up the monies...

But fuck spending another $2-$3k for 50whp. I'd rather just leave it as is or drop a G on nitrous and get another 100-150 whenever needed.

So are you saying that heads aren't really necessary? I mean I know you can make 400whp w/ out heads, just cam and bolt-ons.

So is the trade off cost for power gains not worth it for heads?

Heads are worth it and with a set you should be able to pick up 20-50 wheel. Ported heads will range in price from $1300 to $2600. At this power level you will also need new injectors and a fuel pump. If you have not upgraded your oil pump or timming chain I would make sure it's done at this point. I'm sure you can start to see how the cost of things are starting to add up quickly.

Heads are worth it and with a set you should be able to pick up 20-50 wheel. Ported heads will range in price from $1300 to $2600. At this power level you will also need new injectors and a fuel pump. If you have not upgraded your oil pump or timming chain I would make sure it's done at this point. I'm sure you can start to see how the cost of things are starting to add up quickly.

Aye, so what makes your ported ls6 heads better than say those stg 2.5 5.3l heads from prc?

You don't need an iron block just get a ls3 block. I hate all the new parts that keep coming out because you and I are now both in the same situation we have to rebuy/upgrade aftermarket parts to make more power.

and this is why i dont mind using used parts from people like you to who just want to get rid of their old stuff that is not bad so to speak but its just time for you to upgrade or move on.. This is the kind of parts I want to base my whole build off of.

I am so glad I got a guy at work that can port heads for me cause i am under no time constraint so all i need to do is find a set of stock ls6 heads complete or bare as i will need springs etc anyway

^^^Wait so L92 heads would be good for an ls1 ??? someone on the last page said they wouldn't be...? That they'd be overkill... I obviously need to do more reading on the subject as I just started delving into it, but I don't want to leave this thread confused...

^^^Wait so L92 heads would be good for an ls1 ??? someone on the last page said they wouldn't be...? That they'd be overkill... I obviously need to do more reading on the subject as I just started delving into it, but I don't want to leave this thread confused...

And this is why I asked people here rather than going off readings from ls1tech...

I think best bet for money is to just use some ls6 heads (243 I do recall) and getting them ported.