Marion County Internation Raceway

jeffro

...Opens in about 2 weeks. i have never been there but have heard mixed opinions about it. what do you guys think? cost? track prep? shut down? waits between runs? id rather drive 15 miles to marion than 75 out to kilkare.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Removed

track sucks on friday night..i watched them spray the track, from the starting line out. i asked the guy why did he do that? he said for traction. i told him, so i cant have any till after i cross the start line with my rear tires?... fucking hondas out there pulling 1.7 60's on street tires, and i was spinning just foot braking it.

track is bumpy on both lanes. this track if fine for slower cars in the 12's or slower...IMO.

track sucks on friday night..i watched them spray the track, from the starting line out. i asked the guy why did he do that? he said for traction. i told him, so i cant have any till after i cross the start line with my rear tires?... fucking hondas out there pulling 1.7 60's on street tires, and i was spinning just foot braking it.

track is bumpy on both lanes. this track if fine for slower cars in the 12's or slower...IMO.

I am not sure when you raced there last but they did fix the track before last season, the 2 turbo vettes from here seemed to do alright. At any given test and tune they have cars range from 8-20 second. Its just a place to go have fun and not take serious