Home furnace/AC units?

2 Sweet

My mother is looking to get a new furnace and air conditioner in her house. It was built in the late 70's (fairly small, all electric) and I think it still has the original furnace, which is on it's last leg. The air conditioner is one of those old Bryant units from the 90's that sits out in the backyard, and it no longer works.

The house needs something a little more "21st century." I don't know where to look or what to look for, so I was hoping someone on here could shed some light. My mom mentioned something about a heat pump.

Where should I look, what should I look for, and who has the best deals? Thanks in advance :cool:

I just had 3 companies give me quotes on a heat pump with propane back (backup can be natural gas, electric, etc.)

Call Kessler Heating and Cooling at 614-837-9961 and ask for Dan Carpenter (sales) to come and give a quote. You can tell him that I said to call him.

-Rich Eckstein

Call Kessler Heating and Cooling at 614-837-9961 and ask for Dan Carpenter (sales) to come and give a quote. You can tell him that I said to call him.

The Kessler's have been friends of my family for years. They do top notch work. I had them install a new furnace and a/c last November. One guy had it done in one day.

Not sure it will help but if you call and ask for Clay Kessler (owners son) and tell him Mark Fisher told you to call he might be able to give you a better deal than if you just walk in off the street.

My house is all electric with a heat pump. When the temps are above 35 or so, the heat pump does all the work, and the electric bill isn't all that bad. With this past cold winter and the heat strips in the furnace doing the work...I was paying $400/month for electric. Brand new 5-ton Carrier heat pump (their best model).

If she can do natural gas as a backup instead of electric, the heat pump would be a great addition and save her some $$.

the electric bill isn't all that bad. With this past cold winter and the heat strips in the furnace doing the work...I was paying $400/month for electric.

Are you f'ing serious? I know you have a bigger house but how many SQ FT is it, 4,000 sqft? Isn't it a newer build?

If it's $400 in the winter I can only imagine what it is in the summer with the AC on...

Might be time to upgrade to a propane furnace if no natural gas.

...or it might be time to add a 6-8KW Solar PV grid tie system.

A good friend of mine owns his own company his own company and has been doing it for close to 20yrs. he did my whole house.

Kessler was way outta my price range for a less system than i got now.

Kessler had a higher price, but there was a $1,000 manufacture rebate on the heat pump, plus it qualified for the federal tax credit.

I ended up with a 95% furnace and 15-16 seer heat pump for less than I was quoted for a 92% furnace and 12 seer heat pump.

Are you f'ing serious? I know you have a bigger house but how many SQ FT is it, 4,000 sqft? Isn't it a newer build?

If it's $400 in the winter I can only imagine what it is in the summer with the AC on...

Might be time to upgrade to a propane furnace if no natural gas.

...or it might be time to add a 6-8KW Solar PV grid tie system.

Hell my 1400 SQFT house with a heat pump winter bill is 200+ dollars, when that heat pump has to use the "emergency" heat it gets pricey.

Our summer AC isnt bad, but i dont use AC till its either retarded high humidty, or above 95°