*Gobble Gobble* BANG!!!

LJ

Happy Spring Turkey opening day!

Neighbor and I saw a wild Turkey in our yard yesterday. I was like WTF ? Here in the burbs of Dublin and a huge bird decided to fly in.

I jokingly made a comment to pull off a shot, but it was like 3pm and everyone was outside :o I took a few cell phone pics as I was washing the car, but it has no zoom, so I'm not sure how clear they came out.

Lots of gobble gobble this morning, but no bang. I worked a Gobbler for 3 1/2 hours then he finally said "eh screw you whore" and stopped responding. I'll get him within the week.

I thought it opened Sunday. There was a guy that had just shot one then. He was with his son, might of been open day for youth, idk as i dont hunt turkey.

Yeah, Saturday and Sunday were the youth weekend.

BTW, it was fucking cooooold this morning.

when me and tim were driving back from kayaking/fishing friday, we saw a hen walk right across red bank rd at the north end of hoover. funny since the only time ive seen wild turkey before that was either down by old mans cave or out by my grandparents neat mt vernon...basically where there isnt much civilization

when me and tim were driving back from kayaking/fishing friday, we saw a hen walk right across red bank rd at the north end of hoover. funny since the only time ive seen wild turkey before that was either down by old mans cave or out by my grandparents neat mt vernon...basically where there isnt much civilization

Ha,that's the other side of the ravine from where I hunt

I've seen them around Delaware lake. I know a spot where were one likes to nest, too. Never taken an egg or disturbed her when I've seen her, though, other than to take a pic w/a crappy camera phone. I hope she nests in the same place again this year.

Here's a pic of the nest.

Well, was gonna post a couple pics but can't freakin find them, now. Around a dozen eggs this last time.

instead of shooting turkeys I take cool pictures of my shotgun

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs102.snc3/15007_537355338965_53400057_31786998_4452446_n.jpg