Little Terrier Mix for Adoption

DereksChic

We had a dog wander in to our yard on Sunday, and nobody has responded to ads posted. He seems to have been stray for some time. Below are the details:

* Wirehaired Fox Terrier mix

* Male, not neutered

* 13 lbs. (needs to gain a few, but this will also happen naturally once fixed)

* Knows at least the commands of Sit and Lay Down

* A little shy, but he quickly relaxes and snuggles up. He likes to be a lap dog

* A little bit of a whiner and barker, but I think this may just be nerves and will calm down

* Likes other dogs, he has gotten along very well with both of my 70 lb dogs and my 5 lb Chihuahuas

* Good with kids...he doesn't seem to know Paige exists and he let my friend's 3 year old sit on the floor and hand feed him out of his food bowl. She also walked him on his leash with no problems.

* Seems to be mostly, if not completely, housebroken. Has had no accidents.

* Scared of sudden loud noises and moving objects (carts, cars, etc.) I think this is from being stray

* Has had a wellness visit with the vet...in good health seemingly, no fleas. Just needs to gain some weight, be fixed, vaccinated, and tested for heartworms. I recommend a microchip as well since he seems to be able to get away quickly.

* MUST be in a home with a 6 foot privacy fence. He can jump a 4 foot one and he is quick to get away, almost impossible to catch. He also can quickly dig his way out, so he would need to be supervised if in a fenced yard or walked on a leash.

Comes with:

* Small bag of Pedigree dog food

* Bowls

* Collar

* Flea Collar good for 5 months

* Chew Toy

* Possibly a crate (I may need to get him one for the next few days)

If you're interested, or know someone who is, please PM me. We are asking an adoption fee to simply regain what we have spent on him thus far. With the crate: $60, without $20.

We're temporarily calling him Buddy.

http://picasaweb.google.com/desjohnson83/Desktop?authkey=Gv1sRgCO3-icOM6p6mfw#5462789461503349410

Should say we think he's pretty young...1-3 years. He has really white, clean teeth.

Actually the vet estimated him at 9-12months of age based on size/teeth I believe. So still very young.

when can i pick him up..he will get harness trained.

wait

is he good with cats?

He's at my house currently, been here since Sunday. I wouldn't think he would have a problem, honestly for the most part he's very easy going. He does like to bark, other than that I have no complaints. If I was in a better position to take him in, I'd do it for sure, as I know I will miss having him around and its only been a couple days.

Guest Removed

i just finally got me a jack Russel a few months ago, and hes not even a year old yet.. he's been a hand full. but the big dog's love him...and so do my cat/dogs..:lol:

not sure if i really need another dog tho... let me sleep on it

i just finally got me a jack Russel a few months ago, and hes not even a year old yet.. he's been a hand full. but the big dog's love him...and so do my cat/dogs..:lol:

not sure if i really need another dog tho... let me sleep on it

He's been playing great with my sister's 80lb dog, they wrestle/jump around/entertain themselves just fine.

Guest Removed
He's been playing great with my sister's 80lb dog, they wrestle/jump around/entertain themselves just fine.

hell you should see sparky play with brutus.. some funny as shit..little dog beats up the big dog... but dont touch his cat tho..ask alex about that.(or walk in the shop without me or dana..)

Guest Removed
rob, you're place is like a mini-zoo already...whats one more dog? haha

i need a damn monkey.. or a racoon. hell both.

why you think im looking at a bigger building..its not for the cars :bs:

when can i pick him up..he will get harness trained.

wait

is he good with cats?

Pretty sure he's probably fine with them. He's good with our chihuahuas. I'd say if hes good with them he would be fine with a cat. After having him a few days, he is definitely used to being walked on a leash multiple times a day, especially early in the morning.

He likes to yip and bark. He definitely needs to find a home and soon! We are already getting a lot less sleep because of the baby, we don't need another barking dog keeping us awake at night.

If you're serious Rob, come and get him any time!

He's not my dog. He's a stray. He knows the commands of sit and down, but not stay or come. He got out of our yard this morning and is running free in Reynoldsburg somewhere. A lady caught him and called me, but before Derek could get there he took off again. He clearly doesn't want a home.

He's not my dog. He's a stray. He knows the commands of sit and down, but not stay or come. He got out of our yard this morning and is running free in Reynoldsburg somewhere. A lady caught him and called me, but before Derek could get there he took off again. He clearly doesn't want a home.

I understand that. I am just saying that you shouldn't have to have a privacy fence to own the dog. A privacy fence doesn't help the dog learn respect and rules, it just confines him. If whoever takes the dog has him trained, then you can have no fence because the dog learns obedience, respect, rules, and boundaries. A fence is a band aide, it doesn't solve the problem. Just my $.02.

We located him once today and he escaped that lady before Derek could get there to pick him up. One of our neighbors found him becuase he made his way back down our way. She has him until I pick him up after work. His final destination is the Humane Society this evening if nobody here seriously wants him.

Rob--I told Derek to call you about him. He's out at NTR today.